Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFCA Preseason Rankings 2021

DII football rankings: 3 takeaways from the AFCA Coaches preseason poll | NCAA.com

Looks like all the polls expect big things out of the Rock. Will they be subject to chants and taunts of "over rated" or will they prove the prognosticators correct? What do youns on this board think?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
      Looks like all the polls expect big things out of the Rock. Will they be subject to chants and taunts of "over rated" or will they prove the prognosticators correct? What do youns on this board think?
      They were in the final 4. Expected as alot of D2 predictions is based off previous season results. No forecast regarding freshman and transfers. I will say this, they better prepare for life without Rivers. He was special. Ain't no one on that roster like him. Just sayin.

Comment

The Big 12 announced today if you don't have enough available players (Covid) you will take a forfeit loss. No rescheduling. The other team gets a W.

Wonder if the PSAC will adopt a similar rule.

Any word on D2 testing procedures yet? No doubt it will be a nightmare for some teams.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
            A 2019 NCAA II Semi-finalist that is returning 7 starters on offense and 8 starters on defense, so I get why Slippery Rock is being ranked high in the pre-season polls, particularly this latest poll. However, as IUP412 pointed out, one of the starters they lost on offense is the QB, who so happen to have won the Harlon Trophy. That production is not going to be easy to replace. But I have no heartburn over the pre-season rankings. After all, these polls do not quite play a part in the playoff selection or playoff seeding.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X