Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

To clarify...

I live in an upper middle class suburb within a mile of a large grocery store that does vaccines, a RiteAid, and a CVS. None were doing vaccines until recently. I had to drive into the city and get both shots on my lunch break. None of those local locations are walkable and there is not public transportation within a mile of my house. Not having a car is hard for a lot of rural folks to understand. You can't get anywhere without a car in a lot of places. BUT even in Pittsburgh - there are many neighborhoods that lack both public transportation and a chain pharmacy. The most historic Black neighborhood in Pittsburgh is between downtown and the Oakland neighborhood yet lacks a grocery store. Just like food deserts there are medical care deserts. Public transportation in greater Pittsburgh sucks especially outside of "downtown."

A lot of Black Americans also have hesitancy to trusting medicine due to decades of malicious and unethical medical research targeting Black Americans on top of experiences with racism. Its something I was aware of but never really heard friends & acquaintances talk about until the vaccine.
    So, even if they have access, certain classifications of people are justified in refusing to get the vaccine, but others are not. Got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

So, even if they have access, certain classifications of people are justified in refusing to get the vaccine, but others are not. Got it.
      No but they have reasons that are worth v acknowledging.

Comment

• I was really excited watching Penn State beat Auburn Saturday, then the thought of 100,000 folks crammed into that stadium during a pandemic overcame the happiness. Hope everyone is OK.

Comment

• West Florida game cancelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            West Florida game cancelled.
            That’s not a shock. The state is awash In Rona. I wouldn’t go there unless it was in a hazmat suit.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

That’s not a shock. The state is awash In Rona. I wouldn’t go there unless it was in a hazmat suit.
              Neither team will even say the word COVID. Per WFU, UFTL is unable to field a team. Per UFTL, the game has been cancelled and will not be made up. Ahhh, the wonder of institutional transparency !!

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Neither team will even say the word COVID. Per WFU, UFTL is unable to field a team. Per UFTL, the game has been cancelled and will not be made up. Ahhh, the wonder of institutional transparency !!
                UFTL doesn’t even look like a real program lol, could be bishop sycamore part 2?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

No but they have reasons that are worth v acknowledging.
                  Maybe everyone has reasons worth acknowledging.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                    I was really excited watching Penn State beat Auburn Saturday, then the thought of 100,000 folks crammed into that stadium during a pandemic overcame the happiness. Hope everyone is OK.
                    I've only been to two East Stroudsburg football games this year and didn't see a whole lot of masking or social distancing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

UFTL doesn’t even look like a real program lol, could be bishop sycamore part 2?
                      Almost. It’s a Bible thumper school with 168 students.

The campus is an old strip mall in a very cookie cutter looking part of Lauderhill.

I kid you not.

Why did West Flori-duh schedule this game to begin with…

Even Mansfield’s Power Puff League team would have been a better option.

Im trying to see if they have a Professor Slapdick on staff there…

Comment

The campus is an old strip mall in a very cookie cutter looking part of Lauderhill.

I kid you not.

As is the trend in Flori-duh, give UFTL 10 years and they will be competing in the FBS division.

Comment

I kid you not.

Must have been a desperation game for UWF. Maybe it's for the best. This is the first year of any athletics at the school. Could have been a slaughter.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

As is the trend in Flori-duh, give UFTL 10 years and they will be competing in the FBS division.
                            If it was a state school…you really need to go on Google maps and look at this “campus”.

Comment

If it was a state school…you really need to go on Google maps and look at this “campus”.
                              That can't be real lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

That can't be real lol
                                Well, at least we know WFU was telling the truth..UFTL was unable to field a team. Guess who's next up for the EAGLES....TAMUC.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X