Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP v Tiffin

Hey Guys

Looking to see if there were any conversations about Shepherd v ODU and came across this. News to me and don't remember you guys talking about this. Good Luck Gentlemen....and ladies too..

Tiffin adds week #1 game after IUP chickened out

06-25-2021, 09:11 AM
    Kudos to Tiffin for finding a week 1 game this late in the process. For weeks TU has been trying to schedule IUP for what would have been a terrific week 1 non conference game between two teams in the same region. TU offered to pay a premium as well and IUP declined. TU said they would play at IUP with no return game in reply and IUP said no. Evidently they wanted only a week 1 cream puff or no game at all

Give credit to the dragons for playing at Marian Univ, a top three NAIA program nationally based out of Indianapolis. This will be a challenging game. A few years ago Marian had a two game series with cross town D2 foe U-Indy and won both of those games.

Tiffin? Never heard of her.

Comment

I thought it might be Covid related...maybe she just needs a vaccine..

Comment

With IUP's conference schedule, I don't blame them (if true) for wanting a creampuff week one game. I'm all for playing a full schedule regardless of the opponent. You want to give it to your players to maximize playing opportunities and if possible generate additional revenue for home games. Athletics are the #1 way to get positive stories about our schools in the major regional media outlets and online. But IUP can run their program how they want and make the decisions for the reasons they want. We all get to watch our schools play this weekend but not IUP fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
          With IUP's conference schedule, I don't blame them (if true) for wanting a creampuff week one game. I'm all for playing a full schedule regardless of the opponent. You want to give it to your players to maximize playing opportunities and if possible generate additional revenue for home games. Athletics are the #1 way to get positive stories about our schools in the major regional media outlets and online. But IUP can run their program how they want and make the decisions for the reasons they want. We all get to watch our schools play this weekend but not IUP fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambaseball View Post
            Hey Guys

Looking to see if there were any conversations about Shepherd v ODU and came across this. News to me and don't remember you guys talking about this. Good Luck Gentlemen....and ladies too..

Kudos to Tiffin for finding a week 1 game this late in the process. For weeks TU has been trying to schedule IUP for what would have been a terrific week 1 non conference game between two teams in the same region. TU offered to pay a premium as well and IUP declined. TU said they would play at IUP with no return game in reply and IUP said no. Evidently they wanted only a week 1 cream puff or no game at all

Give credit to the dragons for playing at Marian Univ, a top three NAIA program nationally based out of Indianapolis. This will be a challenging game. A few years ago Marian had a two game series with cross town D2 foe U-Indy and won both of those games.
            As a IUP fan the way I see it is that if IUP didn't want to play Tiffin in week 1 then they didn't and that is the end of the story. I'll be watching the Phillies this weekend, anyway.

Comment

From the sound of it, Tiffin was willing to pay IUP to come to them. Also its mostly boomer locals and parents who attend. Even the band director refuses to come! (too soon?)

I imagine Covid protocols were a factor too. We're going to run into this as the situation fluctuates and conditions intersect with players and coaches who refuse to get vaccinated.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

From the sound of it, Tiffin was willing to pay IUP to come to them. Also its mostly boomer locals and parents who attend. Even the band director refuses to come! (too soon?)

I imagine Covid protocols were a factor too. We're going to run into this as the situation fluctuates and conditions intersect with players and coaches who refuse to get vaccinated.
                'From the sounds of it' ... is a message board annynomous poster making this claim.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

'From the sounds of it' ... is a message board annynomous poster making this claim.
                  I have no reason to be skeptical that Tiffin at least contacted IUP about playing. A lot of people on these boards have direct if not informed direct sources. Even if true, I wouldn't characterize what was described as IUP's reaction as "chickening out". Tiffin didn't meet their needs. Tiffin is a decent team and on maybe on part with the second-tier of PSAC teams. In Week One, I'd put IUP's chances of winning that game at no better than 60/40. IUP is trying to build a team capable of a deep playoff run and another possible loss could render all that effort moot.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambaseball View Post
                    Hey Guys

Last edited by Chuck Norris; 08-30-2021, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Admittedly, have not been reading posts regularly yet but when I do I try to read them all at once. Just don't remember any discussions about OOC scheduling with IUP and Tiffin (whomever she might be)....Go Rams!

Comment

Ahh yes I forgot about that. Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                          Tiffin? Never heard of her.
                          Your too young, the old guys remember - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pamela_Tiffin

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X