Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA SportsFever/SportsFever TV 2021 update - bad news

Just a quick item I wanted to pass along - a short time ago I called the contact phone number shown on the SportsFever TV website to find out if they'd be televising any PSAC games as they've done in years past. The games they produced were also usually picked up for streaming on ESPN3. Unfortunately the gentleman I talked to told me they would not be televising any PSAC games this season.

Though only some PSAC schools would pay to be featured in the SportsFever TV games (I know Bloomsburg, East Stroudsburg, West Chester, and Clarion all did) and most schools provide their own streams, this still sucks IMO. The SportsFever TV broadcasts usually had pretty good production and announcers. Even more importantly from my point of view, they were easily available through the ESPN website.

The home team in each featured game bankrolled the production a cost I believe was around $30k per game. Its why some teams got 3 games and some got none. From my perspective the value added was the perfect stranger scrolling through the channels and finding Slippery Rock vs Clarion on TV. Never a game they would have chosen to watch but, eh, what the hell.

What has changed since the SportsFever days is access to our individual streams. The PSAC has a streaming app (I access through a Roku player) that allows me to watch every Edinboro game. And no HDMI from the laptop to the TV! I believe the PSAC signed a new agreement with a new streaming company so hopefully that helps some of the easier fixes like lag time or video quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      What has changed since the SportsFever days is access to our individual streams. The PSAC has a streaming app (I access through a Roku player) that allows me to watch every Edinboro game. And no HDMI from the laptop to the TV! I believe the PSAC signed a new agreement with a new streaming company so hopefully that helps some of the easier fixes like lag time or video quality.
      Correct. From the May 2021 PSAC Sports Information Directors committee meeting:

PSAC Network: (Jon Holtz, [Slippery Rock SID]). PSAC Network was with Presto/Stretch the last three years, now is over. Proposals came from different companies, moved forward with Blue Frame beginning next year. Five-year deal. Their presentation was the best option. Cost is $2,600 a year for unlimited, HD, 1080 events (1 TB of storage). Blue Frame does not have live stats like Stretch. Revenue share (sell own commercials, brand portals). Production Truck is FREE as a part of the deal. OTT apps remain and will add an Android and Apple mobile app. PSAC Football, volleyball and basketball contests [remain required] to be broadcast by all league members.
      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X