Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slippery Rock might be ranked in the top 5, but they're not a top 5 team, and I don't even know if Rock fans would disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

Slippery Rock might be ranked in the top 5, but they're not a top 5 team, and I don't even know if Rock fans would disagree.
      Tonight was the one SRU had to win. They likely won't be remotely challened until IUP visits in mid-October. Their next 5 games should all be blowouts.

Comment

Comment

And the polls are not factored into playoff position or even making the playoffs. But I guess you are correct regarding the PSAC teams basically playing games for the 1st time in quite a while. Good for the PSAC teams to have an OOC game to see what things you need to fix before league play.

Comment

Comment

They'll look Top 5 by IUP Week. Creampuff alley coming up next 5 weeks.

Comment

WS coach complete fool. U kick there to save face on a horrible third down call. Should of ran same play u ran on second down, game over.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

WS coach complete fool. U kick there to save face on a horrible third down call. Should of ran same play u ran on second down, game over.

Not sure their kicker could hit the side of a barn. His missed extra point in the first quarter was one of the ugliest kicks I've ever seen. I'd say Winters didn't have any confidence in him.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They'll look Top 5 by IUP Week. Creampuff alley coming up next 5 weeks.
                    True. Can't say I'm looking forward to next week very much. Keeping it competitive would be a massive win.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Not sure their kicker could hit the side of a barn. His missed extra point in the first quarter was one of the ugliest kicks I've ever seen. I'd say Winters didn't have any confidence in him.
                      I agree with you that Winters lost confidence in his kicker. But man, I am still not sure if I would have went for it on 4th down near the goal line, especially asking THAT QB to roll out and make a play. You gotta kick it and force OT.

Comment

True. Can't say I'm looking forward to next week very much. Keeping it competitive would be a massive win.

Being ESU is playing at what will be a crazy SRU ... it will probably get ugly.

Rock's next 5 prior to IUP visit:

ESU
                        Lock Haven
                        @ Seton Hill
                        Clarion
                        @ Edinboro

I'd predict 21+ in all 5 games.

Comment

I know the streaming was bad, but did you watch the same game? There 2 best DL (Kuhn& Marx) did not have good games, the transfer DL from Miami,Ohio did not impress either, their best DL was Munchie. Too many rushing yards given up. OL did not get any push and their pass protection was spotty. They have alot of work to do; I think they will struggle against physical teams.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

I know the streaming was bad, but did you watch the same game? There 2 best DL (Kuhn& Marx) did not have good games, the transfer DL from Miami,Ohio did not impress either, their best DL was Munchie. Too many rushing yards given up. OL did not get any push and their pass protection was spotty. They have alot of work to do; I think they will struggle against physical teams.
                            I only saw the first half but Litwin was having some kind of problem with his leg. Was he hurt?

Comment

I thought the announcing crew was fantastic. They both had personalities. They weren't complete one-sided homers (as is the norm at this level).

The alarming thing for SRU for sure was the inability to stop the run -- knowing WSU can't pass a lick (and doesn't even really try to).

As I stated above, you luckily have a lot of times to get things fixed.

Comment

I did, and i agree with everything youve said. Munchie was great, Kuhn and Marx need to be better to be elite. I take my hat off because of the backups. Thats a tough team to face. Not having Vernick and Roberts for most of the game hurt and Munchie was on and off a lot and when he was off it was obvious. Hes a good player. I feel the same about the O, knocking the rust off, I'll have a better answer closer to IUP week. There were some cranky ppl in the stands but cmon, its the first game against a good opponent.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X