Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAL U vs FSU...

2 minutes left in the first quarter VULCANS lead 10-0 with Kyle Brunson, Tiffin transfer, getting his first TD on the ground. Play is not smooth yet but a lead is a lead.

New FSU QB, Connor Neal, is not having fun under constant pressure.

Comment

Very boring and disappointing 1st half in Fairmont. CAL U leads 13-0 but it should be at least 17 or 20. Only saving grace is a youngish VULCAN defense shutting down a FALCON offense that was quite prolific when last seen. At least, it's FOOTBALL !!

Comment

After almost flubbing the 2nd half KO, Mitchell takes the VULCANS 75 yds in 2+ minutes and connects with Cam Tarrant for a score. CAL U 20-0 over FSU.

And FSU returns the KO all the way CAL U 20 -- FSU 7

Comment

A win is a win CALUPA69 ....you guys are 1-0. Now you get to make some adjustments before PSAC play...

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
            A win is a win CALUPA69 ....you guys are 1-0. Now you get to make some adjustments before PSAC play...
            When Noah Mitchell came on board in '18 I was excited by a 6'4" 225# QB with a strong arm and decent passing skills. He lost his first 2 vs solid ODU and KUTZ in close games. Finished the season 7-2 including a Coal Bowl win over IUP. So pretty much what you could expect from a first year starter. Even though his stats improved in '19 he failed to get wins in any challenging game....KUTZ, @IUP, @SRU, @WCU. All winnable games, all Ls. His actual passing skills didn't appear to have improved especially on out routes. Given essentially 2 years of practice time, I was very disappointed with what I saw last night, with the exception of the opening drive of the 2nd half. Even more discouraging was the fact that FSU seemed content to pack the line, stop the run ( 46 yds ) and let him connect on meaningless short routes (301 yds/ 1TD/ 2INT). Our only two legit opponents this year, SRU and IUP, will watch those films and lick their lips. My prediction is two blowouts.
            On the positive side, the D looked solid, with occasional lapses from young DBs, and held the FALCONS to a single TD. Not that this FSU can be compared to '19 but they did average 3.4 TDs per game that year so giving up a singleton is something to be satisfied with.
            My first game assessment suggests an insignificant 9-2 team with a possible post season bid. As always, time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

When Noah Mitchell came on board in '18 I was excited by a 6'4" 225# QB with a strong arm and decent passing skills. He lost his first 2 vs solid ODU and KUTZ in close games. Finished the season 7-2 including a Coal Bowl win over IUP. So pretty much what you could expect from a first year starter. Even though his stats improved in '19 he failed to get wins in any challenging game....KUTZ, @IUP, @SRU, @WCU. All winnable games, all Ls. His actual passing skills didn't appear to have improved especially on out routes. Given essentially 2 years of practice time, I was very disappointed with what I saw last night, with the exception of the opening drive of the 2nd half. Even more discouraging was the fact that FSU seemed content to pack the line, stop the run ( 46 yds ) and let him connect on meaningless short routes (301 yds/ 1TD/ 2INT). Our only two legit opponents this year, SRU and IUP, will watch those films and lick their lips. My prediction is two blowouts.
              On the positive side, the D looked solid, with occasional lapses from young DBs, and held the FALCONS to a single TD. Not that this FSU can be compared to '19 but they did average 3.4 TDs per game that year so giving up a singleton is something to be satisfied with.
              My first game assessment suggests an insignificant 9-2 team with a possible post season bid. As always, time will tell.
              No chance in hell that dude is 225 lbs. I wouldn't peg him above 175 lbs soaking wet. Granted, I haven't seen him since 2019. Maybe he bulked up. But, he was nowhere near that weight his first two years at Cal.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

No chance in hell that dude is 225 lbs. I wouldn't peg him above 175 lbs soaking wet. Granted, I haven't seen him since 2019. Maybe he bulked up. But, he was nowhere near that weight his first two years at Cal.
                '18 roster listed him as 210, so maybe big bones !?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

'18 roster listed him as 210, so maybe big bones !?!?!
                  There may not be a bigger farce in all of sports than the program height and weights lol.

One of my all-time favorites was on the basketball side.

In four years (in order), this kid went from 6'9" to 6'7" to 6'8" and finished his senior year at 6'6".

I can't tell you how many program-listed 6'5" shooting guards I've stood beside and am the exact same height ... and I'm about 6'.

When all of our lines, per the program, are about the same size as Michigan, Notre Dame and Oklahoma ... well, ...

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

There may not be a bigger farce in all of sports than the program height and weights lol.

One of my all-time favorites was on the basketball side.

In four years (in order), this kid went from 6'9" to 6'7" to 6'8" and finished his senior year at 6'6".

I can't tell you how many program-listed 6'5" shooting guards I've stood beside and am the exact same height ... and I'm about 6'.

When all of our lines, per the program, are about the same size as Michigan, Notre Dame and Oklahoma ... well, ...
                    You sound skeptical about information from college sports and I can't understand that !?!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X