Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Hmmm, '19 average attendance at Lions Stadium is 1382 in a 3000 seat venue on campus. Not bad for 2361 enrollment. Bad football but a nice Saturday in the fall. Hey, how about we rent a 7000 seat stadium 16 miles from campus with no connection to the college and see how that works !?!?
    Sounds like the playing surface won't be ready until after the season - but by virtue I assume the old surface is already ripped up?

I wonder why Coatesville as well. That's gotta take at least 20-30 minutes to get there, right? I forget what the local high school is - Oxford? I wonder why not there or whichever is the local HS.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Sounds like the playing surface won't be ready until after the season - but by virtue I assume the old surface is already ripped up?

I wonder why Coatesville as well. That's gotta take at least 20-30 minutes to get there, right? I forget what the local high school is - Oxford? I wonder why not there or whichever is the local HS.
      In that link, according to the Lincoln University Director of Athletics and Recreational Services, the moves "provides an opportunity to do some community engagement with a community where many of our student body call home" . Sounds like a college recruitment strategy.

Comment

Choice of 2 local HS fields....Avon Grove, turf field, 2500 capacity, 7 miles east OR Oxford, grass field, 1850 capacity, 3.6 miles west. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

In that link, according to the Lincoln University Director of Athletics and Recreational Services, the moves "provides an opportunity to do some community engagement with a community where many of our student body call home" . Sounds like a college recruitment strategy.
          You know, the thought crossed my mind.

Comment

You know, the thought crossed my mind.
            More importantly keeping some homegrown players from the #22 PIAA ranked COATESVILLE RED RAIDERS.

Comment

More importantly keeping some homegrown players from the #22 PIAA ranked COATESVILLE RED RAIDERS.
              They'll all walk on at West Chester.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They'll all walk on at West Chester.
                You'd certainly think so but actually WCU has one fewer Coatesville player, Dylan Nichols, as it has.......IUP transfers, Yahmir Wilkerson and Obi Anyatonwu. Weird.

Comment

You'd certainly think so but actually WCU has one fewer Coatesville player, Dylan Nichols, as it has.......IUP transfers, Yahmir Wilkerson and Obi Anyatonwu. Weird.
                  If you recall Wilkerson and current IUP QB contestant Javon Davis both came to Indiana in the same class.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
                    I honestly thought Millersville would start Anthony Butler at QB... It'll be interesting to see if they open the QB spot up for competition......
                    If they make a QB change , will the new QB bring the up tempo offense that was highly talked about coming to the Ville?????? The 9 spot is not a good start. AIC would have been a good progress game if they could have won.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

If you recall Wilkerson and current IUP QB contestant Javon Davis both came to Indiana in the same class.
                      IIRC, he was rather raw and also LH, not that it matters. Wonder if there's something else. Wasn't there a brief stopover somewhere between IUP and West Chester. Ship?

Comment

IIRC, he was rather raw and also LH, not that it matters. Wonder if there's something else. Wasn't there a brief stopover somewhere between IUP and West Chester. Ship?
                        He's been a little lippy over the years on Twitter about IUP bringing in a string of mercenaries.

He's a phenomonal athlete. We'll see what he does at Walk-On U. Physically, he has all the tools.

But, as always, if you bring in two QBs in same class ... odds are one won't be there on Senior Day.

Give Davis credit. He has shown great patience. He could start right now at many PSAC schools.

Comment

Hmmm, '19 average attendance at Lions Stadium is 1382 in a 3000 seat venue on campus. Not bad for 2361 enrollment. Bad football but a nice Saturday in the fall. Hey, how about we rent a 7000 seat stadium 16 miles from campus with no connection to the college and see how that works !?!?
                          Coatesville has a sizable African American population, the largest demographic group in town.

Same with South Coatesville.
                          Last edited by IUPNation; 09-03-2021, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Comment

Wow.

Walk-ons may walk-off.

Comment

Maybe this is finally the year that they don't put it together. I wouldn't mind a shakeup in the East hierarchy, personally.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X