Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Duquesne reportedly got $650k for that game. I'd say it's worth it. I doubt many of the kids they're recruiting watched.

Duquesne also lost its QB to a knee injury in the first quarter because its OL had no chance of containing TCU.

They also shortened the game in the second half to 12 minute quarters. It was 28-0 before Duquesne got its first, first down.

They made some money, sure. But paid a big price. Sacrificial lambs.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Duquesne also lost its QB to a knee injury in the first quarter because its OL had no chance of containing TCU.

They also shortened the game in the second half to 12 minute quarters. It was 28-0 before Duquesne got its first, first down.

Comment

Honestly surprised this doesn't happen more often. Its nice for Duquesne to get a huge influx of cash but the cost in so many facets makes you question if its worth it. Getting drubbed on the scoreboard or dominated on the field can be demoralizing, especially first week of the year. Players getting injured happens but would it have happened if not for playing up?

Comment

• Updated AFCA Top 25

8. Slippery Rock
          10. Notre Dame (OH)
          13. Shepherd
          15. IUP
          16. Tiffin
          18. Kutztown

Votes: Charleston (WV),

Comment

• D2football.com Media Poll:

9. Notre Dame
            10. Slippery Rock
            14. Shepherd
            16. Kutztown
            19. Tiffin
            20. IUP

Comment

• Rock at 10 is a crime

Comment

• Originally posted by PSACfan1 View Post
                Rock at 10 is a crime
                1. How so?

2. You do realize in D2 these are 100% meaningless?

Comment

1. How so?

I guess technically they slipped three spots from 5 --> 8 in the AFCA poll. Anyway, they were little a shaky against Wayne State but to drop three spots.. doesn't make a ton of sense. To you point, it doesn't matter much at all especially this early in the season. Just looking forward to the big HC matchup against IUP. No offense to the other teams on the schedule, but that's the one that is circled.

Comment

• Originally posted by PSACfan1 View Post
                    Rock at 10 is a crime
                    The whole poll is likely a crime. No way SR1 has (6) Top 20 teams.

Comment

That's too bad for Mischler the QB.. Duquesne plays at Ohio U this week the place he started his career at before transferring.

The NEC should probably stick to the MAC for playing up since theyre closer to PSAC than BIG 12.

Speaking of MIschler I wouldve been more interested on seeing his dad the Prep HC in erie be the Mercyhurst HC

Comment

1. How so?

Wednesday October, 27 is the poll that counts. 10 teams with a good chance of extending their season. Until then silly fluff for MB threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

That's too bad for Mischler the QB.. Duquesne plays at Ohio U this week the place he started his career at before transferring.

The NEC should probably stick to the MAC for playing up since theyre closer to PSAC than BIG 12.

Speaking of MIschler I wouldve been more interested on seeing his dad the Prep HC in erie be the Mercyhurst HC
                          I get why the beancounters love these games.

That said, their old a$$es don't have to go out there and get smashed.

If you get through it healthy ... nobody cares if you lose. But, now, you may be without QB1 for a long time. And, you don't have QB1 for the conference games that people actually care about.

I know any player can get hurt on any snap. But, man, that looked like a safety issue it was so lopsided. That's part of the reason they cut the second half short.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Wednesday October, 27 is the poll that counts. 10 teams with a good chance of extending their season. Until then silly fluff for MB threads.
                            No top 25 poll is part of the playoff consideration. I think you're confusing a poll with the NCAA Regional Rankings, which are almost entirely objective. Win %, opponents win %, etc.

Comment

No top 25 poll is part of the playoff consideration. I think you're confusing a poll with the NCAA Regional Rankings, which are almost entirely objective. Win %, opponents win %, etc.
                              I was referring specifically to the first regional poll which as we all know is the only poll that matters.

Comment

• The purpose the polls serve is creating some hype and attention. They also give us nitwits something to talk about on here between games.

Kutztown at IUP sans rankings doesn't sound as good as two Top 20 teams squaring off.

The early polls, no question, are pretty much garbage. But, I think by 3-4 weeks in to the season they are probably somewhat accurate (to a degree).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X