Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

That's too bad for Mischler the QB.. Duquesne plays at Ohio U this week the place he started his career at before transferring.

The NEC should probably stick to the MAC for playing up since theyre closer to PSAC than BIG 12.

Speaking of MIschler I wouldve been more interested on seeing his dad the Prep HC in erie be the Mercyhurst HC
    In normal years I'm sure NEC schools will stick to G5 schools for play for pay games however with all the money athlteic departments lost last year due to COVID I'm sure they had to take the best offer on the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

In normal years I'm sure NEC schools will stick to G5 schools for play for pay games however with all the money athlteic departments lost last year due to COVID I'm sure they had to take the best offer on the table.
      No doubt. Just because a school gets $500,000 it's not like they are bringing home $500,000. It's an enormous cost to move a whole football program from Pittsburgh to Texas for a game. All said -- players, coaches, support staff, etc. -- you're probably talking more than 100 people in your traveling group. That's a lot of hotel rooms, food, travel costs, etc. A nice little chunk gets used up just in getting to and from.

Going the G5 route will be even less up front money. I suppose it comes down to how bad you want that leftover money. In this instance, Duquesne had absolutely no business being on the same field as TCU. I also can't imagine anybody in Fort Worth had ever even heard of Duquesne.

I'm just not a fan of these games. I'd prefer to see schedules made from the level you play -- P5 always plays P5, G5 plays G5, etc.

If you are a Montana, etc., and are probably already of P5 quality (and perhaps on the verge of moving up) ... I guess that's different. But, Duquesne is closer to being a PSAC program than a G5 or P5. We (PSAC) have some of the worst stadiums around and I think even some of ours our nicer than Duquesne's.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

No doubt. Just because a school gets $500,000 it's not like they are bringing home $500,000. It's an enormous cost to move a whole football program from Pittsburgh to Texas for a game. All said -- players, coaches, support staff, etc. -- you're probably talking more than 100 people in your traveling group. That's a lot of hotel rooms, food, travel costs, etc. A nice little chunk gets used up just in getting to and from.

Going the G5 route will be even less up front money. I suppose it comes down to how bad you want that leftover money. In this instance, Duquesne had absolutely no business being on the same field as TCU. I also can't imagine anybody in Fort Worth had ever even heard of Duquesne.

I'm just not a fan of these games. I'd prefer to see schedules made from the level you play -- P5 always plays P5, G5 plays G5, etc.

If you are a Montana, etc., and are probably already of P5 quality (and perhaps on the verge of moving up) ... I guess that's different. But, Duquesne is closer to being a PSAC program than a G5 or P5. We (PSAC) have some of the worst stadiums around and I think even some of ours our nicer than Duquesne's.
        Curious if TCU would offer a top notch D2 program, NWMSU, CSU-P, UWF, the same $$$ for what would almost certainly be a more competitive game. Couldn't hurt to ask.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Curious if TCU would offer a top notch D2 program, NWMSU, CSU-P, UWF, the same $$$ for what would almost certainly be a more competitive game. Couldn't hurt to ask.
          I think the catch is a D2 vs P5 wouldn't count toward their bowl eligibility. At that point, it's essentially an exhibition.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I think the catch is a D2 vs P5 wouldn't count toward their bowl eligibility. At that point, it's essentially an exhibition.
            I don't believe FCS vs P5 counts either. I could be wrong.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X