Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
    Transferred home to Ship, saw the other transfer QBs coming in, and called it a career.
    Tell him to transfer back to Bloom. They are thin at QB now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

Tell him to transfer back to Bloom. They are thin at QB now.
      Not the entire story on the qb from Ship. Kid got caught doing some things academically and was taken off of the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
        Tough to win with 46 rushing yards against SH, and total offense of 165. Sure SH has some good LBs, and Bloom's starting QB was out from an injury in the Stonehill game, but that offense line is weak. Bloom got 5 turnovers and had the ball inside the redzone a couple of times, but no points.

Blooms' secondary played well, but the line gives up too many running yards. Two games, and the opponents both had nearly double rushing yards than passing.

Positives: Special teams held their own. K Hartman has a strong leg, and I can't remember if Bloom ever had somebody who could put the ball in the endzone on kickoffs before.
        Leiby was injured in the 2nd quarter last week and played through it. Started yesterday and was hit twice in the first few positions and reagravated the injury. He is a tough QB, but its tough playing injured

Comment

Less than a minute to go inside the 20. OL needs to improve.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1437096735541796871

Comment

Originally posted by Footballfanofall View Post

Not the entire story on the qb from Ship. Kid got caught doing some things academically and was taken off of the roster.
            Are you saying this academic thing happened in Bloomsburg or Shippensburg?

Comment

Are you saying this academic thing happened in Bloomsburg or Shippensburg?
              Shippensburg, unfortunately

Comment

Hmmm. I'm sure you are on to something, but considering his sister-in-law is the softball coach and his brother was a three-year hoops starter, I find it hard to imagine. He's not your typical anonymous college student.
                Last edited by jrshooter; 09-12-2021, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Hmmm. I'm sure you are on to something, but considering his sister-in-law is the softball coach and his brother was a three-year hoops starter, I find it hard to imagine. He's not your typical anonymous college student.
                  Not talking down on the kid at all. He made a mistake and he paid the price. There is life after football for sure. He will fine.

Comment

I guess at the end of the 4th quarter the team with the most points wins. A last second play for Bloom wins it. A win is a win.

Comment

Last time I was in the stands for such ending was in 1984 at WCU. Dedea to Curtis Still on the Hail Mary. Hale was coaching WCU and George Landis was the Bloom coach. Both at the game today. Very cool. Here is today's Hail Mary from 4 different angles.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1439359850086076418

Comment

What a game! It was a little warm, but it was nice to be back up on the hill after two years. I love the uniforms. They look more like they did during the Hale years.

The win was nice, but I would be shocked if we make it to .500. I don't consider this a re-building year, it's more like a building year. New coach, new staff, new system, new players. Everything is new. I sat with some folks that played with Coach Sheptock and they said this is the youngest husky team since '82. There were a lot of freshmen out there. That's encouraging for the future.
                        GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Originally posted by CC_BU View Post
                          What a game! It was a little warm, but it was nice to be back up on the hill after two years. I love the uniforms. They look more like they did during the Hale years.

The win was nice, but I would be shocked if we make it to .500. I don't consider this a re-building year, it's more like a building year. New coach, new staff, new system, new players. Everything is new. I sat with some folks that played with Coach Sheptock and they said this is the youngest husky team since '82. There were a lot of freshmen out there. That's encouraging for the future.
                          The winning play had a freshman QB and WR. There are true freshman playing, which was almost unheard of in the last 30 years.

Comment

Not quite Dedea-to-Still, but pretty cool.

Comment

First of all, that ending was incredible. Secondly, why did Bloom run play action on the final play? Obviously, the play worked, but I doubt anyone bit in that situation. Then again, maybe they did. It won the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
                                First of all, that ending was incredible. Secondly, why did Bloom run play action on the final play? Obviously, the play worked, but I doubt anyone bit in that situation. Then again, maybe they did. It won the game.
                                If I'm the Gannon coach, I'm still trying to figure out how you can have triple coverage, a 40-plus yard pass that is in the air for quite a while, and still allow the guy to catch a Hail Mary. Not a great play for the defense.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X