Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
    I think right now, you can probably throw Bloomsburg, LHaven and the 'Ville in a hat. Any could beat the others on a given day.

And if I were to guess which was trending upward fastest, I would vote for Millersville. They have some young talent.
    He is in his 3rd season, so it is getting to the point of show me.

Comment

Bloom played much better this week. Bloom stuck to running more, and didn't throw a pass until the 2nd quarter. The OL is a makeshift crew with all the injuries, but they did okay, although they couldn't punch it with 4 chances from the 2 yard line.

The play of special teams especially hurt, with a missed extra point which was the difference today, and 2 missed FGs. Plus kick coverage gave up a couple of long returns. I don't recall a WCU team relying on the run as much.

QB Leiby won't be back this year because of his injury. Could still have 2 years left, if he comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
        Bloom played much better this week. Bloom stuck to running more, and didn't throw a pass until the 2nd quarter. The OL is a makeshift crew with all the injuries, but they did okay, although they couldn't punch it with 4 chances from the 2 yard line.

The play of special teams especially hurt, with a missed extra point which was the difference today, and 2 missed FGs. Plus kick coverage gave up a couple of long returns. I don't recall a WCU team relying on the run as much.

QB Leiby won't be back this year because of his injury. Could still have 2 years left, if he comes back.
        WCU played a sloppy game. They gave BU every chance to win that game, but they fell short. These are the games that YOU MUST WIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Footballfanofall View Post

WCU played a sloppy game. They gave BU every chance to win that game, but they fell short. These are the games that YOU MUST WIN!
          WCUs 1 interception and 3 fumbles confirm they gave Bloom chances (the fumble at the 1yd line was probably a bad call, looked like he was down) Bloom couldn't convert in the redzone, going 1 for 4.

WCU only passed for 84 yards on 11-16 attempts, and their QB had time, so the secondary covered well. WCU only had 1 penalty, which isn't too sloppy.

Sometimes there is a fine line between winning and losing. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Comment

That's very unfortunate for the Huskies offense if Leiby is indeed out for the season. I spoke with some people close to the program and they had mentioned that their offense was structured around Leiby and that he had a great fall camp and looked in peek performance. I was able to make it to the Saturday inner squad scrimmage where I thought he looked sharp. Definitely a big blow if he doesn't have an opportunity to play anymore this season. I heard he was injured in the 3rd quarter of the Stone Hill game but played through it only to get hit on his blind side in the 2nd possession of the Seaton Hill game, which made the injury worse. He's a tough kid with an incredible work ethic. Im sure that he will be back on the field next season.

Comment

I wonder if Carter Van Scyoc would be QBing today had he stayed.

Comment

What happened to Leiby?

Comment

Originally posted by BloomFan0102 View Post

What happened to Leiby?
                  Injured near his shoulder area in first game. Coach said it was nerve related and needs time to heal. He has been throwing some, but won't be back this year.

Learned that QB Reis's father won Hale's first game at Bloom, and the son won the first game for Sheptock. Good stuff.

Comment

Former Bloomsburg Huskies QB Alan Eck working the MNF game as an official.

Comment

Injured near his shoulder area in first game. Coach said it was nerve related and needs time to heal. He has been throwing some, but won't be back this year.

Learned that QB Reis's father won Hale's first game at Bloom, and the son won the first game for Sheptock. Good stuff.
                      Lots of very skilled and older football players not seeing time as the season goes on. Very confused by this. Gooden, Tornetta, Cope, Tilford, Robinson.. would have figured these guys would have seen way more time by now considering their skill and age

Comment

Lots of very skilled and older football players not seeing time as the season goes on. Very confused by this. Gooden, Tornetta, Cope, Tilford, Robinson.. would have figured these guys would have seen way more time by now considering their skill and age
                        Gooden is coming off an injury and isn't fully recovered.
                        Tilford is starting at LB
                        Cope was getting time, but not in the last game.
                        Robinson was on the sideline with an injury.
                        Tornetta didn't have a reception in the last season played

Comment

Gooden IS FULLY RECOVERED and wants more time. Cope is a really good reciever and is probably one of the fastest players on the team. Not really sure what's going on. Seems like they want to play their recruiting class.........

Comment

Originally posted by Footballfanofall View Post

Gooden IS FULLY RECOVERED and wants more time. Cope is a really good reciever and is probably one of the fastest players on the team. Not really sure what's going on. Seems like they want to play their recruiting class.........
                            Gooden just doesn't look the same since thie injury. He looks slower and unable to make a cut. He also has lowest yard per carry of any back with double digit attempts.

Cope isn't going to beat out Langley and Pollard. I think he would have had a better chance with his high school qb Leiby playing. The question should be why isn't the leading wr Arrington from 2019 getting more time.

Perhaps the best players are already on the field.

Comment

WCUs 1 interception and 3 fumbles confirm they gave Bloom chances (the fumble at the 1yd line was probably a bad call, looked like he was down) Bloom couldn't convert in the redzone, going 1 for 4.

WCU only passed for 84 yards on 11-16 attempts, and their QB had time, so the secondary covered well. WCU only had 1 penalty, which isn't too sloppy.

Sometimes there is a fine line between winning and losing. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.
                              They had several, just mostly in the first quarter.

Comment

KU and Bloom both at 14 first downs today, but KU converted on 2 fourth down conversions; one for a TD from the 1 yard line with 6 seconds before half was a killer.

KU rushed for 44 yards on 34 attempts, but hurt Bloom with a long passing game, averaging over 18 yards a catch. Time of possession was almost even.

KU 4-4 in the redzone. Bloom 1-1.

Bloom's short passing when they needed to get 10 yards on 3rd or 4th down, boggles the mind. They also misfired on a couple of open receivers. Not a good outing.

Attendance:3282. I was expecting more since it was parents day. Covid and a losing team may keep some home.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X