Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad to see a kid from my local high school, Quentin Gaskill, make the All-PSAC Eastern Division defensive team as a DB for Bloom this season.

Comment

• THE Gaskill kid a great player with so much upside. Nice he's only a Frosh!! Also nice to see the Simon make it and On offense the Monaco kid make it!! All returning g

Comment

• Originally posted by bloom14 View Post
        does anyone have a count on how many are in the portal? I saw a couple more freshman entered during the weekend besides the WR's.

Comment

• Bloom historically graduates about 10 players a year. Younger players generally leave the program for a variety of reason. This a unique time with the Covid year. Some have been in the program 4 years and only played 2, some have been in the program 7 years and graduated, some have been around 5 years with a year of eligibility left, and some have left football.

If a player graduated, it's good to move on to a new place for graduate school, especially if Bloom doesn't offer their graduate program. Instead of taking the same professors for 2 or more year, it's best to get a graduate degree with another perspective. Check out most doctorate degrees, they usually go to an undergraduate school, a Master's school, and finally another for the doctorate. I don't think it is all about the coaching staff at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

Bloom historically graduates about 10 players a year. Younger players generally leave the program for a variety of reason. This a unique time with the Covid year. Some have been in the program 4 years and only played 2, some have been in the program 7 years and graduated, some have been around 5 years with a year of eligibility left, and some have left football.

If a player graduated, it's good to move on to a new place for graduate school, especially if Bloom doesn't offer their graduate program. Instead of taking the same professors for 2 or more year, it's best to get a graduate degree with another perspective. Check out most doctorate degrees, they usually go to an undergraduate school, a Master's school, and finally another for the doctorate. I don't think it is all about the coaching staff at this point.

Comment

• Some like Leiby are listed as a graduate student. If a player is still working on their undergraduate degree in year 6, there is something wrong. Sure for others it's about change in family situation as Langley wrote. Others may be looking for playing time, scholarship money, a school closer to home, Bloom may not have their major, a job, off the field trouble, some don't like the campus or town, etc...

The grass isn't always greener. No player comes to mind who transferred out of Bloom and had better statistics elsewhere. Qmac Quiteh was still looking for a team earlier this year.

If they leave because of the coaches, that is how it goes. If the coaches get fired someday, so be it. Everyone doesn't get a trophy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

Some like Leiby are listed as a graduate student. If a player is still working on their undergraduate degree in year 6, there is something wrong. Sure for others it's about change in family situation as Langley wrote. Others may be looking for playing time, scholarship money, a school closer to home, Bloom may not have their major, a job, off the field trouble, some don't like the campus or town, etc...

The grass isn't always greener. No player comes to mind who transferred out of Bloom and had better statistics elsewhere. Qmac Quiteh was still looking for a team earlier this year.

If they leave because of the coaches, that is how it goes. If the coaches get fired someday, so be it. Everyone doesn't get a trophy.
                Not necessarily. A late change of major or school can put you out an additional two years. My best friend in college was Music Education. He realized he lost his passion for it and changed to Business/Accounting after being SGA treasurer. All of those specialty music classes he had been taking for years meant nothing and he ended up there for 6 years. Graduated with high honors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Not necessarily. A late change of major or school can put you out an additional two years. My best friend in college was Music Education. He realized he lost his passion for it and changed to Business/Accounting after being SGA treasurer. All of those specialty music classes he had been taking for years meant nothing and he ended up there for 6 years. Graduated with high honors.
                  Glad he got what he wanted, but that's an expensive way to do school!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Glad he got what he wanted, but that's an expensive way to do school!
                    Changing majors is much more common now but also much more common after the first couple of years. I worked at a university where there was a class - with several sections - each semester for students in an existential crisis after realizing the major they dreamed of most of their life turned out to not be for them but they didn't have a plan B.

Comment

Changing majors is much more common now but also much more common after the first couple of years. I worked at a university where there was a class - with several sections - each semester for students in an existential crisis after realizing the major they dreamed of most of their life turned out to not be for them but they didn't have a plan B.
                      It took me 5 and a half years because I realized after a year that I hated my major. The next two semesters was just me pounding out classes and trying to figure out my major.

Comment

Oh, I'm aware they change majors a lot more now. I know of kids that have been puttering around for 6-7 years. I'm all for following your dreams, just observing that you're going to get out of the gate late and probably with considerable debt unless you're getting exceptional financial aid. I actually changed majors midway through college, but was still able to finish in four years.
                        Last edited by Ship69; 11-18-2021, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Understood. Could be he picked the wrong major. I was no honor student, and was a summer probationary student, but I did complete a double major in 7 1/2 full semesters by going to summer school. I know someone who took 15 years to get his degree, but probably was part time and took some time off, and another whose credits didn't all transfer from a former school. I get it, sometimes a student can't get the courses he needs to graduate because the classes are full. Sometimes it is not a personal wrong, but a systems wrong.

Comment

• Matt Feiler got a game ball for his play against the Steelers.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1462664763322871812

Comment

• Jahri Evans gave this guy his hardest hit on the football field

https://twitter.com/i/status/1466197034734702598

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X