Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

He was banged-up. Dressed; sat as a game-time decision. Nothing serious.
    Thanks for the input. Good to know. I watched some of the game, but couldn't see much of the sidelines. He was effective at times in the opener, so I was hoping it was nothing serious. He and Williams should be an effective tandem if they get decent blocking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Thanks for the input. Good to know. I watched some of the game, but couldn't see much of the sidelines. He was effective at times in the opener, so I was hoping it was nothing serious. He and Williams should be an effective tandem if they get decent blocking.
      Just my opinion, but I think we might have seen Dorsey if Williams wasn't having early success. He's always been slippery.

Comment

Just my opinion, but I think we might have seen Dorsey if Williams wasn't having early success. He's always been slippery.
        They make an interesting pair. Williams, despite his small stature, probably is the more effective short yardage runner of the two as he gets up to speed quickly (and like some small backs I think it is tough at times for the defense to see him behind 300-pound offensive linemen). Dorsey might be slightly faster at top end, but he doesn't seem to hit the hole as quickly as Williams. It fascinates me how speed and football speed can be two different things at times.

Comment

They make an interesting pair. Williams, despite his small stature, probably is the more effective short yardage runner of the two as he gets up to speed quickly (and like some small backs I think it is tough at times for the defense to see him behind 300-pound offensive linemen). Dorsey might be slightly faster at top end, but he doesn't seem to hit the hole as quickly as Williams. It fascinates me how speed and football speed can be two different things at times.
          Williams is one of very few players who can say they had four 1,000-yard rushing seasons in high school.

Comment

Williams is one of very few players who can say they had four 1,000-yard rushing seasons in high school.
            Yeah, he was a stud at Camp Hill. Dorsey wasn't bad at York High, either.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

So if he saved the taunt until he scored, it's enforced on the EP or KO ?? Not that it matters but still curious.
              In college (and high school football, at least in Texas, which follows NCAA rules), a taunting call which occurs while the ball is live (ie. before crossing the end zone) is enforced from the spot of the foul, hence the touchdown is taken off the board. I think any taunting penalty is enforced on the kickoff, unless that rule changed.
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                D1 ... but, Duquesne beat Ohio U.
                Go figure...

Duquesne gets boat raced by a Big X(II) program in Week 1 then turns around an beats a MAC program the next week. Can't predict football...
                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Ohio U with the sandwich game effect. Open at home with Syracuse, Duquesne...then at Louisiana on ESPN this thursday night. They probably took the week off after seeing Duquesne against TCU... Whoops.

Comment

• FCS Jacksonville State beat Florida State.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                      FCS Jacksonville State beat Florida State.
                      Just an epic collapse in Tallahassee.

They may have to hire Urban to fix this after he retires from the NFL in about 5-6 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Just an epic collapse in Tallahassee.

They may have to hire Urban to fix this after he retires from the NFL in about 5-6 weeks.
                        Amazing that a Division I coaching staff could let that happen.

Comment

It has to be quite a feeling to then give Jacksonville State a half-million dollar check as they are celebrating in your stadium.

Comment

Even more amazing is that the FSU DC said that if in that situation again even with less than 6 seconds on the clock he would make same defensive call lol. The DBs who gave up the game winning score probably won't be seeing any extra cash via boosters/program supporters the rest of their careers in Tallahassee. Also makes you realize just how bad Notre Dame has to be, they beat that same FSU team by 3 points in overtime, and barely squeaked by MAC program Toledo via the same margin 3 points in last minute comeback.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X