Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern University adding DIII Football

Eastern University (in St Davids, PA) is adding football. They already belong to the Middle Atlantic Conference with many other SEPA privates).

Very interesting.. They also are right next door to Villanova so I assume they'll get the Nova kids who walk on don't play after 2-3 years and want to stay in the vicinity and play ball. The MAC has some real quality teams like Delaware Valley, Widener who could play and succeed against mid tier PSAC teams. Delaware Valley in 2019 made it to the elite 8 in D3 playoffs.

Comment

Well, everyone around here forgets Eastern even exists. I guess it will up their profile.

Comment

Bucking all of the higher ed trends, Eastern has really grown. Not just for undergrad but also grad programs, Executive MBA, and online programs.

Starting football there is very interesting. I see they are going to use Valley Forge Military Academy field for the games initially..

If I ever move back to that area I would consider going to some of the games. They have a really cool campus, IMO. It's very leafy, Ivory Towerish nestled in a very wealthy residential area.

Most of the MAC schools have a strong alumni following that Eastern doesn't have.and I don't think many locals would go to the games. It would be mainly students.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
          Bucking all of the higher ed trends, Eastern has really grown. Not just for undergrad but also grad programs, Executive MBA, and online programs.

Starting football there is very interesting. I see they are going to use Valley Forge Military Academy field for the games initially..

If I ever move back to that area I would consider going to some of the games. They have a really cool campus, IMO. It's very leafy, Ivory Towerish nestled in a very wealthy residential area.

Most of the MAC schools have a strong alumni following that Eastern doesn't have.and I don't think many locals would go to the games. It would be mainly students.
          Beautiful campus ... looks like the type of campus they often use in movies.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X