X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Institute the Shepherd Rule.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
      It's definitely extrapolation on my part but I just see a stronger overall program in Shepherd when compared to the rest of the east. That's right now. And if Shepherd does jump out to the front of the pack I don't think the other programs (WCU, Kutz, Bloom Ship) have the incentive to try to keep up. Just the way it seems to be going, IMO.
      WCU has the ability to pick up great recruits/transfers without giving out full rides. They keep tabs on local kids who opt for D1 programs and when the itch for more PT comes they are able to bring them home and combine academic/financial aide money and throw in a few bucks for football to get them to come to WCU. They'll always be a top 2-3 program in the East. Bad years they'll be 3 most years they will be #1 or #2. Not to mention I've been to all PSAC school campuses minus IUP/Rock/Boro and IMO WCU has the best college city feel with the bars/restaurants on Market street.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

WCU has the ability to pick up great recruits/transfers without giving out full rides. They keep tabs on local kids who opt for D1 programs and when the itch for more PT comes they are able to bring them home and combine academic/financial aide money and throw in a few bucks for football to get them to come to WCU. They'll always be a top 2-3 program in the East. Bad years they'll be 3 most years they will be #1 or #2. Not to mention I've been to all PSAC school campuses minus IUP/Rock/Boro and IMO WCU has the best college city feel with the bars/restaurants on Market street.
        WCU awards housing and/or meal waivers in place of tuition scholarship money. Its the other way around in the West. If those were to ever count in the athletic aid calculation I bet you'd see total value amounts much closer than what we see now.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

WCU awards housing and/or meal waivers in place of tuition scholarship money. Its the other way around in the West. If those were to ever count in the athletic aid calculation I bet you'd see total value amounts much closer than what we see now.
          Are you trying to tell me the Walk-Ons don't really walk on ?

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
            It's definitely extrapolation on my part but I just see a stronger overall program in Shepherd when compared to the rest of the east. That's right now. And if Shepherd does jump out to the front of the pack I don't think the other programs (WCU, Kutz, Bloom Ship) have the incentive to try to keep up. Just the way it seems to be going, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I mean, they made the national championship game a few years ago.
              Yeah, and when they made it they weren't in our conference.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Are you trying to tell me the Walk-Ons don't really walk on ?

LOL
                They eat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Yeah, and when they made it they weren't in our conference.
                  Don't go there without research. RAMS got there 17-13 over IUP, 28-16 over #10 SRU, 34-32 over #12 GVSU before running into the brick wall #1 NWMSU 7-34. An amazing run !!!

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Don't go there without research. RAMS got there 17-13 over IUP, 28-16 over #10 SRU, 34-32 over #12 GVSU before running into the brick wall #1 NWMSU 7-34. An amazing run !!!
                    Northwest Misery spends over 7 figures on foosball. Every Pee Sack programs pales in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Northwest Misery spends over 7 figures on foosball. Every Pee Sack programs pales in comparison.
                      VULCANS made the trip to Maryville in '09.... didn't go well.

Comment

Bloom was there in 06 and it was 13-3 at half, but lost 33-3

Comment

Comment

Yes, and that still doesn't change the fact that they weren't in the PSAC. Hard to be perennial champs of the PSAC East when you're not in the PSAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Yes, and that still doesn't change the fact that they weren't in the PSAC. Hard to be perennial champs of the PSAC East when you're not in the PSAC.
                              Very true, then. But now that they ARE in the league it seems they may be headed in the general direction of perennial champs. Or I could be entirely wrong.

Comment

$2.6 million. For comparison, IUP spends $1.6 million.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X