Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

$2.6 million. For comparison, IUP spends $1.6 million.

Comment

$2.6 million. For comparison, IUP spends $1.6 million.
      Not sure how reliable this site is, but it claims Shepherd spends about $1.35 million on football. Not sure what year the data represents either.

https://www.collegefactual.com/colle...orts/#football

Comment

They also have big time revenue and community support. Check out some gameday pics. They average 6,500 a game and actually increase attendance as the season progresses. Granted, weather isn't in the 30s in November. I'm interested in how they generate their revenue. I don't believe they're using state funds - but maybe activity fee money? Revenue & expenses for football are even at a little north of $2.6MM.

If any PSAC school wants to take it to the next level, they need to hire an AD who either can replicate what is done by those schools or has done the work to do a significant overhaul of an athletic program.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Not sure how reliable this site is, but it claims Shepherd spends about $1.35 million on football. Not sure what year the data represents either.

https://www.collegefactual.com/colle...orts/#football
          Reliable - they get their info from government reporting. But it might be outdated.

Comment

They also have big time revenue and community support. Check out some gameday pics. They average 6,500 a game and actually increase attendance as the season progresses. Granted, weather isn't in the 30s in November. I'm interested in how they generate their revenue. I don't believe they're using state funds - but maybe activity fee money? Revenue & expenses for football are even at a little north of $2.6MM.

If any PSAC school wants to take it to the next level, they need to hire an AD who either can replicate what is done by those schools or has done the work to do a significant overhaul of an athletic program.

Don't forget NWMS is also a D2 basketball powerhouse ... as in several natty titles in the past decade.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Don't forget NWMS is also a D2 basketball powerhouse ... as in several natty titles in the past decade.
              Yes. I'd love to see their scholarship total breakdown. Do they also load up on the revenue sports like IUP?

They're not a wealthy school either - endowment around $33M. Also fairly isolated, 90 minutes from Kansas City in a town of 12k.

But the local support is huge. They average 6,500 for football and 1,400 for basketball. I bet a lot of those are paying. Maybe the revenue sports get to keep their ticket sales? That's uncommon in the PSAC.

Comment

Well, that does explain a few things. I think Ship spends about $1 million a year on football.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X