Edinboro - 3,191
    Bloomsburg - 2,136
    California - 2,120
    East Stroudsburg - 1,953
    Clarion - 1,708
    Mercyhurst - 1,580
    Gannon - 1,137
    Seton Hill - 723

Lock Haven, Millersville, and Shepherd are Daniel Simpson Day. They have no home attendance average.

*missing 9/18 game attendance

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Week 3 Attendance
    Slippery Rock - 7,224
    Indiana - 6,367
    West Chester - 4,831
    Clarion - 2,414
    Bloomsburg - 2,136
    California - 1,629
    East Stroudsburg - 1,273

Kutztown reported attendance as 0

Average Attendance
    Slippery Rock - 7,663
    Indiana - 5,684
    Shippensburg - 5,058
    West Chester - 4,831
    Kutztown - 3,950*
    Edinboro - 3,191
    Bloomsburg - 2,136
    California - 2,120
    East Stroudsburg - 1,953
    Clarion - 1,708
    Mercyhurst - 1,580
    Gannon - 1,137
    Seton Hill - 723

Lock Haven, Millersville, and Shepherd are Daniel Simpson Day. They have no home attendance average.

*missing 9/18 game attendance
    Zero. Point. Zero. Zero.

Comment

In the past when THE ROCK played at Seton Hill it was usually a noon game, I think maybe once it was at 4; curious how many show up in Greensburg on a Saturday night.

Also interested in next Sat, an October home game at the ROCK starting at 6.pm; have always had afternoon gametimes once October started.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
        In the past when THE ROCK played at Seton Hill it was usually a noon game, I think maybe once it was at 4; curious how many show up in Greensburg on a Saturday night.

Also interested in next Sat, an October home game at the ROCK starting at 6.pm; have always had afternoon gametimes once October started.

As I recall the later game down in Greensburg was actually the one SRU somehow lost .. back in 2015 or so.

Comment

I feel like I looked into this when schedules were being announced and it appears there were some facilities issues. Completely guessing here but it could be some sort of equity issue with who plays daytime versus evening. I think more afternoon/evening games is generally a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

As I recall the later game down in Greensburg was actually the one SRU somehow lost .. back in 2015 or so.
            Yes they did. Shamar Greene was hurt and Chapla had 2 FGs blocked (was1/4) Nania's homecoming game, he played at Hempfield

ROCK rebounded and lost in regional final at Shepherd

Comment

Yes they did. Shamar Greene was hurt and Chapla had 2 FGs blocked (was1/4) Nania's homecoming game, he played at Hempfield

ROCK rebounded and lost in regional final at Shepherd
              Hempfield is one of the baffling schools in the WPIAL. On the surface they look like a sleeping giant ... but pretty much stink yearly.

Comment

Hempfield is one of the baffling schools in the WPIAL. On the surface they look like a sleeping giant ... but pretty much stink yearly.
                Norwin also. Always seem like they're on the verge of breaking out then slump.

Comment

Zero. Point. Zero. Zero.
                  I agree. It is the home team that reports attendance. If they report ZERO or NR (not reported) it goes into stats as zero.
                  That's prevents a home team using say only home opener or a homecoming, which are usually the largest, to report the attendance.
                  Say Kutztown only reports the one game & Boro has disastrous season going O-fer with rain, storms & frigid temps. Kutz with the 1 game att
                  will outshine Boro all yr. Very misleading. Understand the zero report also a misleading, but then again it is the home teams responsibility
                  to report att.

Comment

One thing that Shepherd does for each game to help with making each one seem important is they do reunions of previous sports classes. We all do the military appreciation day, HC, parents weekend etc.

This weekend with Kutztown they are honoring the 1991 and 2007 softball teams as well as the 2016 (lost last season) and 2017 baseball teams. They track 5 year increment of championship seasons in all sports and honor those who show up on the field at halftime. Just another way to boost the #'s and drive a few extra dollars.

https://shepherdrams.com/news/2021/9...all-games.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                      One thing that Shepherd does for each game to help with making each one seem important is they do reunions of previous sports classes. We all do the military appreciation day, HC, parents weekend etc.

This weekend with Kutztown they are honoring the 1991 and 2007 softball teams as well as the 2016 (lost last season) and 2017 baseball teams. They track 5 year increment of championship seasons in all sports and honor those who show up on the field at halftime. Just another way to boost the #'s and drive a few extra dollars.

https://shepherdrams.com/news/2021/9...all-games.aspx
                      This Saturday will be family day at Ship, which will probably draw a large crowd if the weather turns out to be as forecast.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X