Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

If you notice on the FORUM list the number of posts for PSAC is 37722. Nearest other couple are LSC with 24715 and MIAA with 24013, not really in the same league. The other 3 leagues in SR1 can only generate 8126 posts or less than 25% of PSAC. We haven't gotten a NC yet but NO ONE outposts us. There are some formidable yakkers on this forum.

Comment

IUP posters definitely drive the numbers !!! Plus 80% at least. Happy to see SHEP fans jumping on-board with both feet.

Comment

IUP posters definitely drive the numbers !!! Plus 80% at least. Happy to see SHEP fans jumping on-board with both feet.
        Yeah ... We're always ready to talk, at least I am.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

You don't need one. We have everthing covered ad naseum. Lol

Joking but not really.
          This board is certainly my main source for PSAC football coverage. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by brstevens View Post

This board is certainly my main source for PSAC football coverage. :-)
            You get a lot of nonsense ... but also a lot of information.

D2 media coverage is tricky. Small towns.

Said small towns typically have media all but owned by the local university. Hence, you get the good news. Not the bad. So, most of the 'dirt' you find out on here through leaks, etc.

Comment

Many of them support the board financially too, which is nice.

Comment

Say what you will about the IUP contingent on here ... but, as a group we stick around through the good and the bad. Goodness how many groups from other schools show up on here when things are going well and then turn crickets for years as soon as things fall apart.

California had a huge following on here during the criminal era.

With so many of us from IUP, the board is lucky we are a humble fanbase.

Comment

Say what you will about the IUP contingent on here ... but, as a group we stick around through the good and the bad. Goodness how many groups from other schools show up on here when things are going well and then turn crickets for years as soon as things fall apart.

Well two from CAL U.... plus one we don't speak of.

Comment

You get a lot of nonsense ... but also a lot of information.

D2 media coverage is tricky. Small towns.

Said small towns typically have media all but owned by the local university. Hence, you get the good news. Not the bad. So, most of the 'dirt' you find out on here through leaks, etc.
                    Biggest problem is newspapers, etc., are drying up in a lot of small towns. I used to work for some of the ones in my area, and we covered our local high schools like a blanket with stories, photos, stats. . . . We'd even do box scores of Little League games and write-ups of local slow-pitch softball leagues. Now the local sports scene is barely covered at all, and I have to look at an online site just to find when the high school team is playing. The Carlisle Sentinel is about the only newspaper that covers Ship with any regularity any more. Television coverage is nonexistent as the Penn State behemoth swallows up all the local coverage, even though Ship has thousands of alumni in the Harrisburg area. With the lack of attention paid to the program, I'm actually surprised we've been able to draw more than 5,000 fans to both of our home games so far, even with small visiting crowds from West Virginia State and Bloomsburg (Bloom used to bring a nice following when they had those good Denny Hale teams). So even though, as you say, there is some nonsense on the board, I appreciate the opportunity to learn what little I can about other teams. I wish some of the other schools had more active posters, but I guess it's hard to work up interest if your school is having a bad year.

Comment

Don't know how long it will last but the Mon Valley Independent does an amazing job of covering HS and college sports in the four county area. Live tweets by reporters of most relevant sports events. Solid connections with players and coaches makes me remember what used to be the standard. I was happy when Zach Simpson was announced as the PSAC reporter and very disappointed with the actual lack of coverage. Wish I knew what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Biggest problem is newspapers, etc., are drying up in a lot of small towns. I used to work for some of the ones in my area, and we covered our local high schools like a blanket with stories, photos, stats. . . . We'd even do box scores of Little League games and write-ups of local slow-pitch softball leagues. Now the local sports scene is barely covered at all, and I have to look at an online site just to find when the high school team is playing. The Carlisle Sentinel is about the only newspaper that covers Ship with any regularity any more. Television coverage is nonexistent as the Penn State behemoth swallows up all the local coverage, even though Ship has thousands of alumni in the Harrisburg area. With the lack of attention paid to the program, I'm actually surprised we've been able to draw more than 5,000 fans to both of our home games so far, even with small visiting crowds from West Virginia State and Bloomsburg (Bloom used to bring a nice following when they had those good Denny Hale teams). So even though, as you say, there is some nonsense on the board, I appreciate the opportunity to learn what little I can about other teams. I wish some of the other schools had more active posters, but I guess it's hard to work up interest if your school is having a bad year.
                        Yep. I've noticed it with NWPA media trying to follow Edinboro. The Meadville paper's days are numbered and its very clear that the Erie Times-News has significantly reduced its writing staff in the last 20 years. There are 3 news stations in Erie and Edinboro is pretty well represented there but they're technically only two news companies and there's a lot of copy-paste stuff online and the socials. Edinboro has one of those fake newspapers that has one or two local articles an the rest wire & advertising. Glorified Pennysaver, which is a shame because it was founded by an Edinboro president.

Comment

Comment

Well two from CAL U.... plus one we don't speak of.
                            Where is Homer?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Where is Homer?
                              Per reports he's in Indiana.

Roadie for Lil Yachty

Joking aside, Lil Yachty sold out the KCAC tonight.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X