Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
    For those keeping score at home, Kutztown > Shepherd > IUP > Kutztown.
    But Kutztown over Shepherd is not a crossover. Huge win by Kutztown today.

Comment

Now 51-7 SHIP over BLOOM with 2:15 to go in the 4th. If this doesn't change something at BU, nothing will.

Comment

SR 1 related upset possibility... ODU goes for a 39 yard FG with 0:02 seconds in INDY.... BLOCKED...GOING TO OT TIED 16-16
        INDY gets 1st possession and completes a pass to the 1... receiver fighting, fumbles... ODU recovers and only needs a FG to win!!! ODU gets to kick for the win and....HOOKS IT LEFT !! But ODU gets to start the 2nd OT because INDY had first possession in the 1st OT
        Last edited by CALUPA69; 09-25-2021, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Comment

IUP wins! 48-13.

Comment

ODU kicks FG.. up 19-16 over INDY. The HOUNDS are on the 12 with 4th and 1. Opt to go for it rather than kick.....ODU STUFFS THE RUN AND #19 INDY FALLS AT HOME !!

Comment

No. It was a run by Malik Anderson. They basically just kept it on the ground once inside the 30. With Stewart and Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

No. It was a run by Malik Anderson. They basically just kept it on the ground once inside the 30. With Stewart and Anderson
                  Good. The running game needed the practice!

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                    Petty stuff but SHIP HC put in backup QB with SHIP up 45-7 over BLOOM....with Mussina at 392 passing yds on the day...you couldn't let him complete 1 more pass for 400+ ??? C'mon man !!
                    Right, put him in another series and possibly get him injured with a stretch of Shepherd, West Chester, and Kutztown coming up the next three weeks. I was fine with pulling him and getting Strachan some reps.

Comment

Petty stuff but SHIP HC put in backup QB with SHIP up 45-7 over BLOOM....with Mussina at 392 passing yds on the day...you couldn't let him complete 1 more pass for 400+ ??? C'mon man !!

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Right, put him in another series and possibly get him injured with a stretch of Shepherd, West Chester, and Kutztown coming up the next three weeks. I was fine with pulling him and getting Strachan some reps.
                        On that basis he could have been taken out 4 minutes into the 3rd qtr with SHIP up 31-7.

Comment

On that basis he could have been taken out 4 minutes into the 3rd qtr with SHIP up 31-7.
                          31-7 early in the third quarter is not the equivalent of 45-7 with about five minutes left in the fourth quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

31-7 early in the third quarter is not the equivalent of 45-7 with about five minutes left in the fourth quarter.
                            When, as you mentioned above, the HUSHPUPPIES offense was pretty much limited to a fluke play against an all out blitz, yeah I think they are pretty close to equal. Unless you can see some way an otherwise stagnant offense is going to make up a 24 pt deficit. I mean they're averaging 15 pts a game only because GU was on their schedule. Otherwise it's 9 pts per game. Anyway my point was leave him in until he hits one more short pass for 400+ and switch to 3yds and a cloud of dust. As indicated, a very minor issue.

Comment

When, as you mentioned above, the HUSHPUPPIES offense was pretty much limited to a fluke play against an all out blitz, yeah I think they are pretty close to equal. Unless you can see some way an otherwise stagnant offense is going to make up a 24 pt deficit. I mean they're averaging 15 pts a game only because GU was on their schedule. Otherwise it's 9 pts per game. Anyway my point was leave him in until he hits one more short pass for 400+ and switch to 3yds and a cloud of dust. As indicated, a very minor issue.
                              It is minor, which is somewhat the point. I really doubt Mussina cares much whether he has 400 yards or 392 as long as Ship wins. Bloomsburg had not looked good until the touchdown play, but I've seen big leads disappear in Division II football under weirder circumstances. I have no insight into it, but I suspect Mac might have left Mussina in to get some better execution in the third quarter. Outside of Balint, all his receivers are new this year.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X