Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still think Shepherd owns the best single player in this matchup, and Bagent will have a major effect on any game he plays the rest of his D-II career. I'm being as careful as I can, given the competitive profile of the Raiders' first four opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
      I still think Shepherd owns the best single player in this matchup, and Bagent will have a major effect on any game he plays the rest of his D-II career. I'm being as careful as I can, given the competitive profile of the Raiders' first four opponents.
      Realistically SHIP is an underdog here, but not an absolute mutt !! D2 football is so dependant on player depth and most teams seem to overload the offense to the detriment of the defense. That's why strong armed, accurate QBs can carry their teams through most opponents until they encounter a more balanced team usually in the playoffs. Neither Mussina or Bagent are the best I've seen but they are exceptional. If either gets on a roll and the D starts backing off, the game can get out of hand quickly. My guess is that this will turn out very much like IUP/SHEP, close until the 2nd half and then suddenly not close. Time will tell.

Comment

• As much as I like BIll Williams, I'll be anxious to see a game in which Khalid Dorsey gets 20 carries for Ship. He shows signs of being special.

Comment

• Tiffin lost yesterday to Truman State.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            Tiffin lost yesterday to Truman State.
            I hear The Truman Show was underrated.

Comment

As much as I like BIll Williams, I'll be anxious to see a game in which Khalid Dorsey gets 20 carries for Ship. He shows signs of being special.
              KD got 21 carries vs WVSU, then sat out BORO while BW got 22 in that game. Since then they're splitting the carries down the middle. Don't expect to see much running in this game except by WRs and DBs.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

KD got 21 carries vs WVSU, then sat out BORO while BW got 22 in that game. Since then they're splitting the carries down the middle. Don't expect to see much running in this game except by WRs and DBs.
                You could be right. And regardless of what happened yesterday, this will be a good indicator of whether Ship is for real.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monte's Catering Co. View Post

Sad thing is Shepherd had 11 carries for 71 yards. Ty Hebron had some nice runs. We just didn't adjust to what Kutztown was doing on defense. We got outcoached and outplayed. Time to learn and move on. Now we have our motivation next week as another loss would make the playoff picture a little murkier.

Comment

As much as I like BIll Williams, I'll be anxious to see a game in which Khalid Dorsey gets 20 carries for Ship. He shows signs of being special.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X