AFCA--#6 NDC, #7SRU, #21SHEP, #24BENTLEY, #25T CAL U, #25T IUP

Others Receiving Votes:
    Tiffin
    Kutztown
    Frostburg St.
    Shippensburg
    Ohio Dominican

Comment

IUP won and dropped in the ranking. Typical.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
        No way CAL should be on that list. If they make it to 7-0 and split with IUP and SRU, then yes.

Comment

They're probably better off there than in the top ten. Now they can just concentrate on W-I-N-N-I-N and jockey into position for a post season appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

No way CAL should be on that list. If they make it to 7-0 and split with IUP and SRU, then yes.
            If they weren't 4-0 they probably wouldn't be in consideration. I imagine that's what's driving it - name recognition as a past power with an unbeaten record.

Comment

I think the fact that they got thumped by Shepherd who then lost to an unranked team isn't good. If coaches even notice that stuff.

Comment

Window Dressing

Just win games.

Comment

As I previously mentioned, a former PSAC head coach described coaches polls as "like making a list of who are the 25 best in bed and you've only really been with 2 or 3 of them."

Comment

Just win, baby. Not much use in worrying about rankings until you're 7-8 weeks into the season.

Comment

That's what's great about the D2 system - these polls don't matter. There is a human element but its informed by relatively objective numbers: win %, opponents win %, and to a much lesser degree opponents opponents win %.

The coach at Texas A&M - Commerce doesn't know much about Kutztown and vice versa. The PSAC doesn't have a columnist so I believe that means we don't have a voter with strong PSAC knowledge in the D2football.com poll, but Paul from the NE10 did cover the entire region for a bit so I consider him to be informed enough.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                          That's what's great about the D2 system - these polls don't matter. There is a human element but its informed by relatively objective numbers: win %, opponents win %, and to a much lesser degree opponents opponents win %.

The coach at Texas A&M - Commerce doesn't know much about Kutztown and vice versa. The PSAC doesn't have a columnist so I believe that means we don't have a voter with strong PSAC knowledge in the D2football.com poll, but Paul from the NE10 did cover the entire region for a bit so I consider him to be informed enough.
                          Add to it most of this gets settled on the field by selection day. 'Most' ... not all. End of the day ... you wanna go dancin' ... just win.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Add to it most of this gets settled on the field by selection day. 'Most' ... not all. End of the day ... you wanna go dancin' ... just win.
                            I agree. The FCS & DIII process is somewhat more straightforward - win your conference & you're in. None of this bellyaching about which 8-3 team gets in and doesn't.

Comment

I'd prefer to think of it as realistic. When you beat 0-3 BORO with 1TD, 3FG and 2 SAFETIES PLUS give up a blocked FG TD, I would guess Coach Dunn might expect some heat. If that team shows up on Saturday for Homecoming against the VULCANS kryptonite MERCYHURST, my guess is that donations from frustrated alums may drop faster than China Evergrande stock.
                              As a long time OC at the FCS level I would hope that Dunn and Chad Salisbury could do more than make Anthony Beitko the leading scorer in the PSAC. Never a good sign when your PK is your primary offensive weapon.
                              I am positive that if current trends continue another 7-4 record is on the horizon. Time will tell.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X