Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarion???

Where do we start? Are they badly underfunded?? The scores are getting out of hand. What has happened over the last 6 years???

IUP could have put 100 on them if they wanted. Thankfully Tort pulled everybody in second half.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      IUP could have put 100 on them if they wanted. Thankfully Tort pulled everybody in second half.
      Is this the same fan base that was calling IUP "lethargic" yesterday?! Asking for a friend in Punxy.

Comment

I have to wonder how long programs such as Clarion and Lock Haven can be viable members of PSAC in football. Lock Haven hasn't been competitive for years, and Clarion seems to be headed that way.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Is this the same fan base that was calling IUP "lethargic" yesterday?! Asking for a friend in Punxy.

Comment

Similar to my feelings about Cal, as I once heard a coach say "we didn't beat them they just out stunk us" !!

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
              I have to wonder how long programs such as Clarion and Lock Haven can be viable members of PSAC in football. Lock Haven hasn't been competitive for years, and Clarion seems to be headed that way.
              I recall a while back that someone said the PASSHE would not permit any of its member schools to join any conference but the PSAC. Has that changed?

Comment

The PSAC has 16 FB members but in the last 10 years only 3 in the West (IUP, SRU,CAL) 4 in the East (BU, SHIP, KUTZ, WCU) have played in the State Game, with an outlier champion MC in '10. SHEP seems to be taking BU's place but the other 8-9 teams are basically schedule fillers. LHU and CLARION are sharing the CHEYNEY spot, a game that no one is enthusiastic about even though they're almost guaranteed Ws.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

The PSAC has 16 FB members but in the last 10 years only 3 in the West (IUP, SRU,CAL) 4 in the East (BU, SHIP, KUTZ, WCU) have played in the State Game, with an outlier champion MC in '10. SHEP seems to be taking BU's place but the other 8-9 teams are basically schedule fillers. LHU and CLARION are sharing the CHEYNEY spot, a game that no one is enthusiastic about even though they're almost guaranteed Ws.
                  Funny how the back marker school gives "cover" to the schools just above them. I remember back when Mansfield was the back marker of the PSAC and people railed that they must go without much mention of the next worst team. After they shuttered their DII football program, Cheyney became the PSAC wipping boy with people demanding that not only must their football program go, but the whole college needed to be closed! Now that they are gone athletically, the focus is falling on LHU and Clarion. After they are gone, who will be the next PSAC team that must go??

PSAC could also purge the privates and get down to a 13 team all public school membership. Every team plays every other team...no need for crossover games. Good cost savings with no out of state driving (except one game in WV)
                  Last edited by boatcapt; 10-10-2021, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Yes. They were extremely sloppy and undisciplined.

Yet, still could have put up a hundo. That's how bad Clarion is.

Tell your buddy in Punxsy.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Funny how the back marker school gives "cover" to the schools just above them. I remember back when Mansfield was the back marker of the PSAC and people railed that they must go without much mention of the next worst team. After they shuttered their DII football program, Cheyney became the PSAC wipping boy with people demanding that not only must their football program go, but the whole college needed to be closed! Now that they are gone athletically, the focus is falling on LHU and Clarion. After they are gone, who will be the next PSAC team that must go??

PSAC could also purge the privates and get down to a 13 team all public school membership. Every team plays every other team...no need for crossover games. Good cost savings with no out of state driving (except one game in WV)
                          It's not necessarily who is the "next to go." It's whether your team has any semblance of competitiveness in the league and if not, whether there is a viable plan to get you there. Millersville and Bloomsburg are both down now, but under the right leadership I could see them getting back to a competitive status in the PSAC. I don't think I see the same thing at Lock Haven, and I'm starting to wonder whether Clarion is headed in that direction. It isn't just a matter of Cheyney going that puts the focus on Lock Haven. They haven't been competitive in football for years. Shippensburg, certainly not usually the powerhouse of the league, has won 24 of its last 25 games against Lock Haven, and most of them haven't been close. Ship had a losing season in 2019 and put a 65-32 beating on them. Time will tell.

Comment

It was another slow start.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

It was another slow start.
                              IUP had seven possessions in the first half. Five touchdowns and two punts. That's a slow start?
                              http://www.indianagazette.com
                              www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X