Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

I would imagine that if the Senior AD "asked" a campus AD to do a particular thing or expend $ in a particular manner, the campus AD would more or less have to do that or suffer the consequence either financially (big school withholding a portion of the athletic budget) or professionally (campus AD being asked to pursue other career options).

If the Senior AD holds no sway over the campus AD'S, why have a Senior AD?
    So there aren't 3 ADs reporting to the same person.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

So there aren't 3 ADs reporting to the same person.
      So if the campus AD'S report to the Senior AD, that would indicate that they are subordinate to him/her. Or am I missing somthing? I would also presume that the Sr AD would be heavily involved in athletic budget allocations to the subordinate campuses.

Comment

So if the campus AD'S report to the Senior AD, that would indicate that they are subordinate to him/her. Or am I missing somthing? I would also presume that the Sr AD would be heavily involved in athletic budget allocations to the subordinate campuses.
        Unsure. Its my understanding that everything above Director is being consolidated, everything Director and down is being determined right now to either be mutually exclusive (like athletics) or consolidated/distributed as necessary across the three campuses. So its either three equal & exclusive ADs reporting to someone locally who then reports to central leadership (VPSA or VPAA) or a senior AD who is the advocate for the three campuses.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Was Pennsylvania Commonwealth University a choice?
          I like that.

Comment

Looks like there will be three equal local ADs each reporting to the local senior finance administrator.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I like that.
              Certainly glad it apparently wasn't !!!

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

The 5 names they ran by the focus group of students, staff, alumni & trustees were pretty bad. Pennsylvania Western was the clear "least terrible" suggestion. Its a bit clunky and not as natural as Western Pennsylvania University. I don't like Penn West. It reminds me of my fraternity days when we'd try to force a nickname on someone.

I have zero credentials in marketing or advertising, but I think it would work well if they treat it like they do for PASSHE: have advertising use the campus name like CLARION and understate "A campus of Pennsylvania Western University".

Comment

Pennsylvania Western University is a decent enough choice for now, but I'm hoping that PASSHE is being proactive in securing trademarks for potential unified branding. Something like "Pennsylvania Commonwealth University" makes a ton of sense in the long run when a single umbrella makes more sense than regional umbrellas. Secure something now, and once the time rolls around, you're prepared. But who knows if PASSHE has that kind of foresight.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Unsure. Its my understanding that everything above Director is being consolidated, everything Director and down is being determined right now to either be mutually exclusive (like athletics) or consolidated/distributed as necessary across the three campuses. So its either three equal & exclusive ADs reporting to someone locally who then reports to central leadership (VPSA or VPAA) or a senior AD who is the advocate for the three campuses.
                      Sounds like the Central Planning Committee & 5yr plan Used by the Communist Party in the USSR. How'd that work out?

Comment

Western Penn sounds sounds like a place someone goes to serve his 7 to 10 for his bank job.

Comment

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
                          Western Penn sounds sounds like a place someone goes to serve his 7 to 10 for his bank job.
                          It used to be a prison.

Comment

I absolutely prefer PA WEST- CAL to PENN COMM- CAL, but that's me.

Comment

What about PWU-Cal vs. PCU-Cal? Because that's most likely what it'd turn into. Personally, I think PCU rolls off the tongue much more naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                                What about PWU-Cal vs. PCU-Cal? Because that's most likely what it'd turn into. Personally, I think PCU rolls off the tongue much more naturally.
                                Whatever !?! Neither will be rolling off my tongue...CAL U FOREVER

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X