Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=WarriorVoice;n613937]
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

You never show respect to IUP. So.....Mr. Pot...have you ever met Mr. Kettle?

Again...must I remind you about the Scoreboard incident? Where was that ESU respect that day? Denny never got treated that way at The Cig. I mean that was my first time ever at ESU and that incident will stick with me forever. First impressions go a long way...

The IUP Band is a shell of it's former self. The Band Director who finally quit slowly killed it for 20 years. He was handed a Rolls Royce and turned it into a Chevy.
    It's all rather sad.[/QUOTE

So on one day when someone dissed your team's coach, you got butt hurt and have projected this to be the entire fan base. OK Good luck, Godspeed and pound sand. I thought you had better critical thinking skills than that, but that was too much of an expectation I suppose. IUP has my respect today, but not you bub. You don't get what you don't give.
    So it was okay to publicly diss our coach in front of a whole stadium but you get your panties in a wad over comments on a message board. Got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I gotta say, I've heard enough about that butthurt to last me a lifetime.
      Some people just need to be reminded of it when they get all self righteous for no valid reason. It must be the air in the Poconos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Judging by the results of Ship's games with the Shepherd, West Chester, and Kutztown teams, I'd be very surprised if West Chester beat either Shepherd or Kutztown. Those two teams and IUP look like easily the class of the league so far.
        Probably, but wcu looks to be the last team that might pull an upset that effects the east or playoffs

Comment

Judging by the results of Ship's games with the Shepherd, West Chester, and Kutztown teams, I'd be very surprised if West Chester beat either Shepherd or Kutztown. Those two teams and IUP look like easily the class of the league so far.
          Cal(PA) gets no love either, eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Some people just need to be reminded of it when they get all self righteous for no valid reason. It must be the air in the Poconos.
            You ought to know...

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

You ought to know...
              Does Denny want to have a beer with me too?

Comment

They'll get their chance against IUP this week. Their schedule hasn't exactly been murderer's row, especially since Fairmont State has been exposed as a mediocre team.

Comment

They'll get their chance against IUP this week. Their schedule hasn't exactly been murderer's row, especially since Fairmont State has been exposed as a mediocre team.
                  Yeah ... Nothing against Cal, but they haven't beaten anyone. They can change that this week.

Comment

• Same resume as Ship had going into the Shepherd-Kutztown stretch. They were unmasked; Cal could be too.

Comment

Same resume as Ship had going into the Shepherd-Kutztown stretch. They were unmasked; Cal could be too.
                      Difference is, expectations were not that high for Ship going into the season. We're not up there with the top tier, yet, but Ship is going to have a better season than it did two years ago. It's always good to take down West Chester, even if they're not at their best this season. Wasn't surprised by the loss to Kutztown, but I definitely didn't expect a 20-3 score. From what I've observed so far, Ship needs more physicality to compete with the top 3-4 squads in the league. We usually have skill players that can hold their own with most in the league, but Mac needs to pick up more studs in the trenches.

Comment

• You're right, of course. I suppose I'm just a little sour on them after last night. Did not like Kutztown physically outplaying them; did not like some of Mac's calls.

Comment

You're right, of course. I suppose I'm just a little sour on them after last night. Did not like Kutztown physically outplaying them; did not like some of Mac's calls.
                          Although I'm not terribly unhappy with the season overall, I haven't been completely happy with the play-calling, either. Mac said before the first game that we'd see more of the old wide-open offense this season, but we seem to see a lot of short passing. They have hit a couple to Sheehan, who might eventually be a star. The long TD pass to Morrill at the West Chester game was basically a quick slant over the middle with a long run tacked on. They're not utilizing Balint nearly as much as I thought they would. Perhaps they're sticking to shorter routes because they don't have complete confidence in the line. I don't claim to have any insight. We also seem to get into ruts where they call running plays on almost every first down for long stretches. That was especially evident early against Bloomsburg when I thought we got very predictable for a time. In the spread offense we run, the more usual thing is to often attack with short passes on first down to set up a complementary running game. Even though Ship was out of sync at times against West Chester, I though they did a good overall job of balancing the offense in that one. Ship's run game is usually OK. We have decent backs in Williams and Dorsey, but the o-line is not dominant enough to continually run over people. The spread is not primarily a running formation anyway.

On defense, I haven't for the past couple of seasons seen any of the real difference makers such as Jake Metz and Dakota Thompson that Ship used to get once in a while. If you have a good offense, which Ship often does, you don't necessarily have to be lockdown on defense all the time, but you certainly have to stop these games where you're giving up 50-plus points, and you've got to have enough sand in the d-line to stop people from running it down your throat.

Comment

As yet they don't deserve the love...speak to me next Saturday around 5...if the Miner's Pail is on the bus rolling down US119 to the Mon Valley there will be plenty of love.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X