5. California
    9. Notre Dame (OH)
    11. Shepherd
    13. Bentley
    17. SRU
    23. IUP
    25. Kutztown

This was so funny it was worth posting.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 10-18-2021, 01:06 PM.

The logic:

5. Cal - Hasn't played a team with a pulse yet this season yet is on fire in the polls.

9. Notre Dame - Lost to unranked Charleston

11. Shepherd - Should be ahead of both ND and Cal

17. SRU - Just got blown out at home by a then-unranked team

23. IUP - Has two current Top 25 wins along with a Top 11 loss

25. Kutztown - Lost to IUP but won at Shepherd

Comment

13. Bentley

Getting Votes: Frostburg State, Charleston, New Haven, Stonehill.

#1 West Florida loses by 4 to #12 and falls to 6 while #7 GV loses to #3 and only falls to 8.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        The logic:

5. Cal - Hasn't played a team with a pulse yet this season yet is on fire in the polls.

9. Notre Dame - Lost to unranked Charleston

11. Shepherd - Should be ahead of both ND and Cal

17. SRU - Just got blown out at home by a then-unranked team

23. IUP - Has two current Top 25 wins along with a Top 11 loss

25. Kutztown - Lost to IUP but won at Shepherd
        Looking for even basic logic here is hopeless. Silly waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          5. California
          9. Notre Dame (OH)
          11. Shepherd
          13. Bentley
          17. SRU
          23. IUP
          25. Kutztown

This was so funny it was worth posting.
          I am not that surprised to be honest. I figured IUP would be ranked around the bottom of the Top 25 since teams in the top portion of the Top 25 lost. IUP takes care of undefeated Cal U would push IUP in the Top 10.

Comment

Comment

Cal was 13th last week and jumped up eight spots without playing? I know a lot of teams in the top 10 lost, but that is a big jump regardless. As mentioned before, this week will show if they are worthy of that ranking.

Honestly the D2.com poll is more accurate in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ShepFan1 View Post
                Cal was 13th last week and jumped up eight spots without playing? I know a lot of teams in the top 10 lost, but that is a big jump regardless. As mentioned before, this week will show if they are worthy of that ranking.

Honestly the D2.com poll is more accurate in my opinion.
                You really don't need the game to tell you my VULCANS, in no way, are worthy of that ranking or the previous #13 either. If they were to upset IUP on Saturday, then a top 20, but never top 10, ranking would be appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

You really don't need the game to tell you my VULCANS, in no way, are worthy of that ranking or the previous #13 either. If they were to upset IUP on Saturday, then a top 20, but never top 10, ranking would be appropriate.

Comment

In the last 10 games the Home team lost once....10/29/11 @ IUP CAL won 28-10...so yes a win would certainly be an upset.

Comment

Yeah ... IUP is a home dog to the No. 5 team in the country. I like it. This team plays its best when slighted.

Comment

The AFCA poll was/is a joke......for IUP to be ranked under another ranked team that they beat by 27 points is absurd. I went to West Chester by the way (not IUP). If this is any indication of what could happen with regional rankings...wow.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bob984 View Post
                          The AFCA poll was/is a joke......for IUP to be ranked under another ranked team that they beat by 27 points is absurd. I went to West Chester by the way (not IUP). If this is any indication of what could happen with regional rankings...wow.....
                          It's not so don't worry about it. IUP is ahead of SRU in every imaginable way at this point for those rankings. SRU loses one more, season is over, if IUP loses one they can still probably be in contention for the 6/7 slot (especially if it's in the champ game, shouldn't be punished for losing there if that came to be).

Comment

Remember, these polls are reflective of the previous week. After the pre-season poll they're not made in exclusivity each week. So yeah, if low ranked team beats a highly ranked team, they move according to where everyone else around them moves. That's why ALL top 25 polls are stupid. They aren't an accurate reflection of the true top 25 teams at any moment.

To be honest, I don't know why the AFCA does the poll. They don't have a material gain. At least this site can gain exposure and web traffic from its poll.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

It's not so don't worry about it. IUP is ahead of SRU in every imaginable way at this point for those rankings. SRU loses one more, season is over, if IUP loses one they can still probably be in contention for the 6/7 slot (especially if it's in the champ game, shouldn't be punished for losing there if that came to be).

An IUP win tomorrow 'should' pretty much wrap up the West. The Hawks would then get Edinboro in Miller Stadium and then a trip to Seton Hill (which is always a de facto IUP home game).

It would also give IUP (3) Top 25 wins -- and, according to that lovely poll, (2) Top 6 wins.

But, tomorrow is a big 'if' ... hopefully Tort got them back down to Earth after last weekend and they are ready to roll tomorrow. A hangover could be devastating.

Now, I'd be shocked if IUP doesn't win tomorrow. They are battle-tested, healthy, home, etc. IUP will be the best team by a mile California will have played to date this year. That said, Cal is well-coached and talented. I surely don't see another run-away like last week. I like IUP in the range of 24-14.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X