Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Not saying that it's not, just wanted to see it in an official PSAC document. There are any number of ways that conferences break ties and to just assume that the PSAC does it a particular way is a bit risky. Also risky to just assume that the conference office wouldn't step in and "equalize" the situation for the canceled Cal/Clarion game. Not "fair" for Cal to suffer because another conference foe canceled their game with them.
    THe way the tie breakers seem to me that the Cal-Clarion game will hurt SRU if they beat Cal. Either way doesnt seem to hurt Cal.

Cal wins out theyre in

SRU wins they get hit by that Cal clarion game kicking Cal out of the tie and it goes to IUP-SRU head to head so IUP goes

IF that Cal Clarion game doesnt effect the tie breaker (b) record vs west teams not in the tie....Cal would be 4-0. SRU and IUP 5-0. If they say thats 100% win % so its the same.....it goes to tie breaker (c) record in psac games including crossovers.....which would kick IUP out of the tie and go head to head with Cal-SRU.......so SRU would go if they beat Cal

so Cal doesnt go if they lose to SRU regardless of how the psac handles the Cal-Clarion game it only effects IUP or SRU going.

(unless im wrong)

Comment

• Originally posted by RockNation View Post

This is where I wonder if they go straight to b and c because of COVID. Because if Cal loses to SRU, why punish Cal after they already beat IUP. There is bound to be a conference discussion. At that point, you would be sending a 2 loss team to the title game over two 1 loss teams, it makes zero sense.
      Last edited by IUPNation; 10-24-2021, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

THe way the tie breakers seem to me that the Cal-Clarion game will hurt SRU if they beat Cal. Either way doesnt seem to hurt Cal.

Cal wins out theyre in

SRU wins they get hit by that Cal clarion game kicking Cal out of the tie and it goes to IUP-SRU head to head so IUP goes

IF that Cal Clarion game doesnt effect the tie breaker (b) record vs west teams not in the tie....Cal would be 4-0. SRU and IUP 5-0. If they say thats 100% win % so its the same.....it goes to tie breaker (c) record in psac games including crossovers.....which would kick IUP out of the tie and go head to head with Cal-SRU.......so SRU would go if they beat Cal

so Cal doesnt go if they lose to SRU regardless of how the psac handles the Cal-Clarion game it only effects IUP or SRU going.

(unless im wrong)

In one scenario there IUP could get screwed by having the much tougher crossover schedule and losing to Shepherd ...could keep them out of the state game and sends SRU a team they beat head to head........since if we get to tie breaker (c) its psac games including crossovers would kick IUP out of tie and put the head to head with SRU-Cal.

Gonna be interesting how tie breaker (b) Cal 4-0, IUP and SRU 5-0 vs other west teams is handled. ..Is 5-0 better than 4-0 or the same 100% win percentage.
        Last edited by EdinboroFB; 10-24-2021, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Too late to worry now, but a lot of this discussion would be moot if the COVID rule specified that if you can't field a team at game time, it goes down as a loss. Since all but two teams have met their schedule obligations, it doesn't seem unreasonable to avoid this jumbled mess by making an unambiguous decision about those who fail to show up. Hopefully it will be so going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Too late to worry now, but a lot of this discussion would be moot if the COVID rule specified that if you can't field a team at game time, it goes down as a loss. Since all but two teams have met their schedule obligations, it doesn't seem unreasonable to avoid this jumbled mess by making an unambiguous decision about those who fail to show up. Hopefully it will be so going forward.
            Agreed, but you're right that it is too late now.

Comment

• Maybe the week off is why Cal had a "slow start"

Comment

This is where I wonder if they go straight to b and c because of COVID. Because if Cal loses to SRU, why punish Cal after they already beat IUP. There is bound to be a conference discussion. At that point, you would be sending a 2 loss team to the title game over two 1 loss teams, it makes zero sense.
                Total losses are irrelevant for the State Game. The Division record is what counts.

Cal will have one less win and IUP would have the H2H over SRU.

But again, I think Cal will rock SRU so it probably won't matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                  Maybe the week off is why Cal had a "slow start"
                  Cal's good. They could play again next week and it would likely be 38-34 again. Who knows who would win.

IUP had the ultimate f-up yesterday. Cal cashed in.

Comment

• Believe me, I'm not cheerleading or advocating for IUP to make the SG. They had the golden ticket and royally pi$$ed it away.

All they can do now is go 2-0 these next two weeks and whatever happens, happens.

They don't control a thing at this point other than games against Edinboro and SH.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Cal's good. They could play again next week and it would likely be 38-34 again. Who knows who would win.

IUP had the ultimate f-up yesterday. Cal cashed in.
                      I was just kidding. I think IUP is better and should have won.

At halftime the game had me thinking of playing madden 20 years ago and if you had Randy Moss all you did was throw it up to him and you'd win and Irv Charles in the first half had me thinking about that.

Comment

Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• I would seriously doubt that the Cal players and coaches were overly thrilled about the cancelled game.
                          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• [QUOTE=IUPNation;n617085]

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY

Last edited by Feedoggie; 10-29-2021, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X