Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

Nothing beats losing when in the Victory formation. (see SRU at Ship 2018)
    OMG !!!! I just took a look at the highlights from that SRU vs Ship game in 2018. THAT WAS Victory Formation???? Having your QB in Shotgun/Pistol formation !?!? VERY close to the goal line !?!? Unbelievable....

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

1. Saginaw, 2001.
      2. Shepherd, 1998
      3. Slippery Rock, 1998.
      Shepherd 2019 has to be Top 5

These dramatic (traumatic) losses got me trying to remember games where IUP was actually on the good end of a crazy finish. Seems when IUP wins it usually is in pretty convincing fashion.

The most recent one coming to mind is probably the famous 47-yard, walk-off FG against Ashland under the lights in 2017.

Rock Dance Part 1 is up there but that was a long time ago. My memory must be getting bad.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

These dramatic (traumatic) losses got me trying to remember games where IUP was actually on the good end of a crazy finish. Seems when IUP wins it usually is in pretty convincing fashion.

The most recent one coming to mind is probably the famous 47-yard, walk-off FG against Ashland under the lights in 2017.

Rock Dance Part 1 is up there but that was a long time ago. My memory must be getting bad.
        Yeah, I'd say Ashland is on the list. Also on my list, from the time I've been watching ...
        • at Slippery Rock in the 1999 playoffs. Maybe the best D2 game I've ever seen.
        • at Slippery Rock in the infamous 2002 regular-season finale.
        • vs. Nebraska-Omaha in 2003 opener -- Josh Telenko kicks game-winning FG with 3 seconds left for 28-26 win.
        • at Catawba in 2005 -- True freshman Andrew Krewatch to true freshman Cameron Mobley 20-yard TD in OT wins game 19-16
        • at California in 2006 -- Kevin Weidl to Anthony Cellitti with 50 seconds left wins season finale 21-17, gives IUP share of West title.
        • at Slippery Rock in 2007 -- Matt McNelis kicks game-winning FG from 28 yards as time expires for a 34-31 win.
        • at Kutztown in 2009 -- IUP blows 31-3 lead in the second half, but rallies to win 34-32 on Craig Burgess' 41-yard FG on the last play.
        • at Mercyhurst in 2011 -- Won in OT over defending West co-champs, was a key victory to start Curt Cignetti era.
        • Assumption in 2017 playoffs -- Dramatic ending, Assumption QB throws winning TD in closing seconds but was over the line of scrimmage.
        http://www.indianagazette.com
        www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The Shippensburg game in 96 was insane to the end. It was like a 65-55 score where IUP could not field kick returns to save their lives. It was a **** show until the end but IUP pulled it out. I witnessed it in person and totally hated the experience!

Comment

How about the Winston Salem playoff game loss and the entire second half against Saginaw Valley in a playoff game?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Yeah, I'd say Ashland is on the list. Also on my list, from the time I've been watching ...
              • at Slippery Rock in the 1999 playoffs. Maybe the best D2 game I've ever seen.
              • at Slippery Rock in the infamous 2002 regular-season finale.
              • vs. Nebraska-Omaha in 2003 opener -- Josh Telenko kicks game-winning FG with 3 seconds left for 28-26 win.
              • at Catawba in 2005 -- True freshman Andrew Krewatch to true freshman Cameron Mobley 20-yard TD in OT wins game 19-16
              • at California in 2006 -- Kevin Weidl to Anthony Cellitti with 50 seconds left wins season finale 21-17, gives IUP share of West title.
              • at Slippery Rock in 2007 -- Matt McNelis kicks game-winning FG from 28 yards as time expires for a 34-31 win.
              • at Kutztown in 2009 -- IUP blows 31-3 lead in the second half, but rallies to win 34-32 on Craig Burgess' 41-yard FG on the last play.
              • at Mercyhurst in 2011 -- Won in OT over defending West co-champs, was a key victory to start Curt Cignetti era.
              • Assumption in 2017 playoffs -- Dramatic ending, Assumption QB throws winning TD in closing seconds but was over the line of scrimmage.
              What I vividly remember about that play was that there wasn't a single person in the stadium who reacted to that play as if it were actually going to be a touchdown. He was about 3-4 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. Wasn't even close. But... The WR had his man beat and was wide open in the end zone. What happened back there had nothing to do with the QB.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X