Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably not long before he's on the staff at Pitt. IUP might as well be North Korea to him.

Benzel at Westminster would be the guy I'd take at a PSAC school. Mercyhurst screwed the pooch on that. He's a Hurst alum

Comment

• You're a fraud. ESU shot themselves in both feet Saturday, and I said so right here. The message board operator was some student who certainly used poor judgement. I've said that numerous times. Plus it was decades ago. You're inability to move on is your issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
        Probably not long before he's on the staff at Pitt. IUP might as well be North Korea to him.

Benzel at Westminster would be the guy I'd take at a PSAC school. Mercyhurst screwed the pooch on that. He's a Hurst alum
        I think EK would be a terrific hire at Clarion as HC but they'll never get him.

I'm curious to see his WPIAL fate. We can't forget he was fired for hazing within the program at PR. Obviously two sides to the story but he was factually let go over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

You're a fraud. ESU shot themselves in both feet Saturday, and I said so right here. The message board operator was some student who certainly used poor judgement. I've said that numerous times. Plus it was decades ago. You're inability to move on is your issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
            Probably not long before he's on the staff at Pitt. IUP might as well be North Korea to him.

Benzel was offered the Edinboro job. He turned it down because he still lives in Pittsburgh and didn't want to commute further or move, so he wouldn't take Hurst.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Curt Cignetti was making 132K as IUP head coach...I imagine Torts might make less...but it would probably not work out schedule wise for him to be in Indiana in the afternoon unless he only teaches in the morning at North Allegheny.

No matter what...the IUP staff needs a total shakeup.
              Curt was making $138. Tort is $135 and change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Benzel was offered the Edinboro job. He turned it down because he still lives in Pittsburgh and didn't want to commute further or move, so he wouldn't take Hurst.
                He applied for it. If that's why he said he didn't take it.....I don't buy it. I think he decided Westminster is a better spot compared to Edinboro in the PSAC and with the questions with the school right now. Mercyhurst is a totally different scenario than Edinboro in a lot of ways right now. Maybe he still wouldnt take it though.

But he applied to Edinboro so I assume he's interested if the job is better than what he's built at Westminster. He won the PAC in the spring and is currently tied for 1st. Edinboro isnt winning the psac anytime soon. Edinboro as a job right now is a little above coaching at Clarion.

I dont know the guy so I could be wrong. But I see not wanting to move as the reason not to take the Boro job as a "it's not you, it's me" excuse to Edinboro after seeing behind the curtains a little bit and knowing what kind of team he had coming at Westminster.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X