X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR 11/01/2021...

Not a great change except for GMAC....

https://www.d2football.com/regional-...gs-11/01/2021/

Findlay beat 1-8 Walsh, and NOW they jump over Stonehill? I mean, they should have been ahead regardless, but the timing is bizarre, considering that SOS is theoretically one of the factors being used.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
      Findlay beat 1-8 Walsh, and NOW they jump over Stonehill? I mean, they should have been ahead regardless, but the timing is bizarre, considering that SOS is theoretically one of the factors being used.
      Right, almost seems like a knee jerk correction from last week to ensure a GMAC team makes the show via EA.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
        The key word being "theoretically".

Comment

Alright, best I can figure is that they're weighing DII wins above .500. Stonehill's win over Assumption counted last week, but Assumption lost this weekend to fall to 4-4, so it doesn't count anymore. Meanwhile, Lake Erie won to go to 5-4, so now Findlay has 3 wins over teams above .500 instead of just two.

If you're thinking, wow, that seems really arbitrary, then you'd be right! But that's my guess as to what's happening.

The sheets at the bottom of this page helped to paint the picture: https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/footba...ional-rankings

Comment

They've thrown a curveball at the #10 spot both weeks. Everything above that has been pretty much as expected.

Comment

According to that sheet, Edinboro has the toughest schedule in the region. I wonder if that includes GVSU though.

Comment

On the football side of things...#1 plays #6, #2 plays an unranked rival, #3 visits a weak rival, #4 plays #7, #5 plays an unranked rival, #8 gets a bye and #9 plays #10...all as it should be. Plenty to argue about a week from today.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                  According to that sheet, Edinboro has the toughest schedule in the region. I wonder if that includes GVSU though.
                  I doubt it, since it's only factoring in games actually played. Otherwise, Cal would probably be a lot lower in the rankings (no) thanks to Clarion.
                  Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Sucks Shippensburg won't rise any higher than 8 and more than likely with their next 2 opponents being Lock Haven and Mercyhurst they'll drop down to probably 10 and finish the season 9-2.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
                      Sucks Shippensburg won't rise any higher than 8 and more than likely with their next 2 opponents being Lock Haven and Mercyhurst they'll drop down to probably 10 and finish the season 9-2.
                      Still a nice foundation to build upon for their program.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Still a nice foundation to build upon for their program.
                        I agree as long as our underclassmen return and do not enter the portal we should compete for the East next year. I'll take a 9-2 record over what we had back in -2018 & 2019. I wish Eubanks and Headen stayed. We may not have beaten Shepherd but we definitely would have been more competitive against Kutztown. Both those guys went to FBS programs (PSU and SMU) and are special teamers there but would have been all league performers at Ship for their senior seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

I agree as long as our underclassmen return and do not enter the portal we should compete for the East next year. I'll take a 9-2 record over what we had back in -2018 & 2019. I wish Eubanks and Headen stayed. We may not have beaten Shepherd but we definitely would have been more competitive against Kutztown. Both those guys went to FBS programs (PSU and SMU) and are special teamers there but would have been all league performers at Ship for their senior seasons.
                          Yea I referenced Eubanks on the IUP thread the other day comparing him to Duane Brown at IUP. I don't understand why they would want to go somewhere and not be the guy. I don't care who you are, your not going to show up at a major D1 P5 conference and be the #1 guy with less than a year to get acclimated there. I guess he can tell his kids he was a D1 player and played at the big school now, but in reality he could have been an All American and actually PLAYED in the last year of football he was ever going to play if he stayed at Ship. He would have had a better shot at getting noticed putting up another banner year at Ship then running down on kickoff for Ped State.

WR's and DB's never change lol, they live in a different reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Yea I referenced Eubanks on the IUP thread the other day comparing him to Duane Brown at IUP. I don't understand why they would want to go somewhere and not be the guy. I don't care who you are, your not going to show up at a major D1 P5 conference and be the #1 guy with less than a year to get acclimated there. I guess he can tell his kids he was a D1 player and played at the big school now, but in reality he could have been an All American and actually PLAYED in the last year of football he was ever going to play if he stayed at Ship. He would have had a better shot at getting noticed putting up another banner year at Ship then running down on kickoff for Ped State.

WR's and DB's never change lol, they live in a different reality.
                            That's why I was against Walter Fletcher going to Ball State. He was also only a couple hundred yards away from being Edinboro's all-time rusher. Granted, it worked out for him but I can't say given all the same information that I'd go from star to fighting for playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

That's why I was against Walter Fletcher going to Ball State. He was also only a couple hundred yards away from being Edinboro's all-time rusher. Granted, it worked out for him but I can't say given all the same information that I'd go from star to fighting for playing time.
                              I'm with you there. Notre Dame's AA rb McLaughlin I would say did it a bit better and went to Youngstown State with 2 years left of eligibility. If you have 1 year left and have a made a name for yourself, just keep it rolling. I think you have the same shot at the next level as you would being a role guy/bench player at a higher program.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X