Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ville vs Bloom

Intriguing game this weekend for both programs. Ville has Bloom/Boro left. Bloom has Ville/Cal left. Each program can get anywhere from 2-4 wins this season. For Ville, a benchmark game to see if they can pass Bloom. For Bloom, the same. Ville has more at stake. This is the 3rd season, but with 4 recruiting classes a Ville loss Saturday or next week shows little to no improvement. According to the PASSHE Union coaches manual, a decision is made after 5 years. Unfortunately, these coaches will only get 4 to get it done. With all the Bloom chatter on here, a loss drops them behind Ville and ahead of only LHU. This is far from a marquee game, but, it has a lot riding on it for both programs. Anybody with thoughts??????

I would say this game is a toss up. Bloom won the last two games at Millersville, but they were close, 28-21 in 2017 and 26-21 in 2019. But I don't think beating Bloom would be a big deal. Even Lock Haven beat bloom two years in a row in 2016 and 2017 and the Huskies have blown them out since. So if Millersville wins it doesn't mean they're back. I wouldn't mind seeing Millersville more competitive, because I remember how intense the rivalry was once upon a time.
    GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Well Cavalier 1, you tried. I guess nobody wants to talk about a game featuring two 2-7 teams. I can't say I blame them. Somebody will win, somebody will lose, and NObody will remember.
      GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Couple of players who picked Ville over Bloom in the last 2 years.

Logan Fleegal OL
        Ryan Aument LB His father played for Ville.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
          Couple of players who picked Ville over Bloom in the last 2 years.

Logan Fleegal OL
          Ryan Aument LB His father played for Ville.
          Ryan Aument went to Ville to wrestle not play football

Comment

Originally posted by Footballfanofall View Post

Ryan Aument went to Ville to wrestle not play football
            He is listed on the football roster, but is not on the wrestling roster.

It's interesting to see how transfers pan out at other schools.

Kyle Butts kicked for Bloom as a freshman in 2016. I think he left around the time kicking coach Ed Rush retired. He transferred to James Madison for 2017, left for Monmouth for the 2018 and 2019 seasons, and now kicks for Slippery Rock.

Jordon Villafane DB started at Bloom as a freshman in 2017, and transferred to play at South Carolina in 2018 and 2019. Now is playing at Clarion.

Ethan Price WR started as a freshman in 2016 and had another good year in 2017, before transferring to West Chester. He still is on their roster, but his best years were at Bloom.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X