Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP offering home fans chance at $50,000 in kickoff-return contest

https://triblive.com/sports/iup-offe...eturn-contest/

To a average fan or Message Board Member, not just students!

Re: IUP offering home fans chance at $50,000 in kickoff-return contest

Originally posted by D2EquipmentManager View Post

If I win this I will fly in to IUP's next home game and buy all the IUP posters a beer.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
      If I win this I will fly in to IUP's next home game and buy all the IUP posters a beer.
      Could happen as return guys are very dangerous....very interesting and a great idea.

Comment

Comment

Bloom did this several years ago. I recall the prize was $10,000 dollars for the opening kickoff of both halves only. Nobody won.

Comment

Comment

I love this idea i think a better thought would be to have all in attendance obtain a raffle ticket after entering the stadium up until 10 minutes before kick off to increase attendance while also giving hope to potentially 4500-5000 people on a shot to win the money.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                I love this idea i think a better thought would be to have all in attendance obtain a raffle ticket after entering the stadium up until 10 minutes before kick off to increase attendance while also giving hope to potentially 4500-5000 people on a shot to win the money.
                Ship with the better idea. I like the promise, but the raffle would have a better in game attendance impact. Keep trying IUP, one day you'll improve.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP Ebbs View Post
                  Ship with the better idea. I like the promise, but the raffle would have a better in game attendance impact. Keep trying IUP, one day you'll improve.
                  Right. And, ... don't tip the kid $5,000 who takes the ball to the house. Major NCAA violation.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    Right. And, ... don't tip the kid $5,000 who takes the ball to the house. Major NCAA violation.
                    I know that I am not the most current on NCAA violations, but when did that happen? Must Google.

Comment

Or is this more like "fake news" that is so trendy today?

Comment

Just saying ... don't tip the kid if you win.

Cash handshakes. Good for recruiting.

Comment

I know that I am not the most current on NCAA violations, but when did that happen? Must Google.
                          Certainly an interesting question, both legally and ethically.

Comment

IUP should get a lot of media attention out of this. Let's face it, $50k is a lot of money. If it goes on for weeks it's likely to be in a lot of media, far and wide. The potential for a huge number of entrants who have nothing to do with IUP is there.

Reminds me a little of how IUP took the "Ugly Man" concept to the house in the early '80's.

Comment

Totally agree should have to be a ticket buyer there to win. Raffle style, shoot I would sell the raffle tix for 5 bucks a pop or vones with ticket to game. The current set up will have no bearing on attendance.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X