Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• officiating....WCU vs. Kutztown

I think that the end of today's Kutztown/WCU game could be the poster child for this type of discussion. Before I get into it, I will say that officials have a tough job, and in general do a pretty good job... What was horrible today, though, was this............you had two teams battling hard in a tie game late....with any playoff hopes for WC riding on the result, and Kutztown trying to fortify their position......I was watching online......Kutztown scores a touchdown with 10 seconds to go, on a pass play.......however, it was quite evident that the player who caught the ball did a full two hand push-off/offensive interference, which allowed him to catch the pass. Replay clearly shows it, as well. The WC team and coach were livid, as they should have been. Game over......called by the ref, who was right there and missed it.............Even in division one, you can only challenge a call, not a non-call. Maybe....at least in the last 5 minutes........you should be able to. division 2 does not have replay. However, in recent years, and the abilities of cheap HD streaming, I don't think cost is an issue anymore, and perhaps being allowed to challenge "non-calls" in the last 5 minutes of a ball game could be an option. I just do not think that a game of this magnitude.....well-played on both sides.......should be decided by a horrendous non-call......and that's exactly what happened here......Kutztown might have very well won anyway.......but it was clinched by a referee, not their play..............

I mean ... it is what it is. They blew a call badly. And it happened at a game-deciding moment. Sort of a "perfect" storm.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
      I mean ... it is what it is. They blew a call badly. And it happened at a game-deciding moment. Sort of a "perfect" storm.
      Remember the Kutztown game at Ship a couple of years ago when the whole stadium thought we had a TD and they ruled the guy didn't get in? Don't think I've ever seen Mac more fired up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Remember the Kutztown game at Ship a couple of years ago when the whole stadium thought we had a TD and they ruled the guy didn't get in? Don't think I've ever seen Mac more fired up.
        Like it was yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
          I just can't help but think that with today's technology we can perhaps all but stop horrendous calls (or non-calls) from determining the outcome of games......I think even refs want
          to get it right.............most of them, anyway....cost is no longer an issue to make this real........

Comment

Comment

When the ball lands 5 yards out of bounds it is uncatchable. There were 3 like that.

Comment

Pass Interference is called way more often than it should be in the PSAC.

Comment

I didn't see the push off live at the game. Watched the play again later and it does look like Kapp did get away with one but as mentioned earlier at this level, and even higher, calls are going to be missed. Everyone has been on both sides of one at some point or another.

Comment

Comment

Boy, I saw it 5-6 times, and I can't see how that could have been missed.

Comment

It was incredibly obvious and not just in slow motion replay. That was a huge non-call and WC has a right to be angry with the officiating in that game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Pass Interference is called way more often than it should be in the PSAC.
                          Big 10 officials are often heavily criticized, and sometimes rightfully so (and after seeing what the SEC crew did during the PSU-Auburn game I doubt that they're worse than the other P5 conferences), but I think they usually do a decent job on letting receivers and defenders have come contact without constantly calling pass interference. Some of these receivers now are so quick that they're virtually impossible to cover unless the DB is allowed a little contact.

Comment

Yes, this is high school. But until someone can top this travesty we need not have any more officiating discussions. It was called an INT. https://twitter.com/BaseballPvBears/...99797160157198

Comment

Originally posted by RocknTheSnackBar View Post
                              Yes, this is high school. But until someone can top this travesty we need not have any more officiating discussions. It was called an INT. https://twitter.com/BaseballPvBears/...99797160157198
                              That officiating crew needs to be banned from sports.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X