Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSAC Championship

History

Slippery Rock is making its third straight and 13th overall appearance in a PSAC Championship game (the game was played from 1960-87, was eliminated from 1987-07, then reinstated in 2008). The Rock are making their seventh appearance in the title game since it was reinstated by the league in 2008, the most of any program in the conference. SRU is playing in its sixth PSAC title game in the last eight years and its seventh since the 2011 season. The Rock are 7-5 in their previous 12 title games and are 3-1 in their last four trips with wins in 2014, 2015 and 2019. SRU has won 12 overall PSAC championships with five awarded based on record in the years that did not have a title game. Kutztown has one PSAC title to its name, which came in 2011 with a 21-14 win at home over SRU. The Golden Bears are making their fourth trip to the title game in the last decade, which ranks second in the league behind SRU for most appearances since 2011. SRU is the only team in the PSAC to win back-to-back title games since the league reinstated the game in 2008 and is trying to do it for the second time after also winning in 2014 and 2015.

Strength v Strength

ROCK total offense 5th in Nation
    Kutztown Total Defense 8th in Nation

ROCK Scoring offense 10th
    Kutztown Scoring Defense 4th

ROCK passing offense 1st
    Kutztown passing defense 33rd

Overlooked stat: Kutztown net punting 2nd in Nation

Also for some reason the game is not being televised on PCNTV, it has been in prior years!

Comment

Probably an overlooked detail of the conference contract with Blueframe. You can watch online, cast to your TV through your phone, or download the PSAC app on your streaming store.

Comment

Has anyone heard from either side about injuries? I feel like last weekend there was talk about both taking major hits with injured players.

I would have loved seeing Shepherd win a PSAC championship, but its kind of a blessing to play Clarion before the playoff fun instead of starting the playoffs a week early.

Comment

Weather could play a role in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
            Has anyone heard from either side about injuries? I feel like last weekend there was talk about both taking major hits with injured players.

I would have loved seeing Shepherd win a PSAC championship, but its kind of a blessing to play Clarion before the playoff fun instead of starting the playoffs a week early.
            Kutztown doesn't release injury information anywhere that I've found.

Comment

Bad weather definitely favors Kutztown with their running game.

ROCK injury report happens a half hour before kickoff on radio broadcast pregame show.

Comment

ROCK injuries

Holt - out
                Holtz- out
                Harrison- out
                De Bien- out

3 starters on D

Comment

Comment

Congrats to Kutztown.....tough all year, and only a tough 3 pt. loss early to a good IUP team kept them from
                    running the table in the regular season, playing a strong schedule. Good luck in the NCAA tourney! From
                    a West Chester alum/fan!! (We'll be back in the hunt next year!...hopefully...)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X