• Show
Clear All

• Stars leaving the Mon Valley ...

#fake -tears

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Stars leaving the Mon Valley ...

#fake -tears
      It is a big loss, but some games are still winnable because your opponents make boneheaded mistakes like blocked punts and 100 yard Pick 6.

Comment

• Comment

• What other FB are you aware of ? Nothing unexpected happening in GB.

Comment

• Another not really significant....

https://mobile.twitter.com/Richie_Sykes25

#5 rusher 30 carries for 128 yds and 1 TD. Transfers McGriff from Clarion or Smith from Ship will replace that production.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
              Another not really significant....

https://mobile.twitter.com/Richie_Sykes25

#5 rusher 30 carries for 128 yds and 1 TD. Transfers McGriff from Clarion or Smith from Ship will replace that production.
              Odd thing is football ended months ago. Why are these happening now (all at same time)? Strange.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Odd thing is football ended months ago. Why are these happening now (all at same time)? Strange.
                Possibly as spring practice approaches the borderline players recognize their status is less than they expected. Why a top tier player like JM makes the move I can't imagine unless something personal has happened that we'll never know.

Comment

• I agree on playing time. Also scholarship money sometimes doesn't increase.

Comment

What other FB are you aware of ? Nothing unexpected happening in GB.

Comment

• Some of these fringe guys are not going to find a home. Hope they are open to going to D3 or NAIA.

Comment

• What names are you hearing. Other than Martin I'm missing something.

Comment

What names are you hearing. Other than Martin I'm missing something.
                          I see Sykes, Solomon, Martin, Lockhart, and Taylor all from this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by CUlater View Post

I see Sykes, Solomon, Martin, Lockhart, and Taylor all from this week.
                            Of those players only Martin and Lockhart were significant contributors. Both will be missed, Martin the most by far. Malik Langley, transfer from BLOOM already replaces Lockhart's stats and may be the reason DL entered the TP. Taylor was an effective, but unspectacular, KR whose chances will be given to another WR.
                            It's never fun seeing players, especially elite ones like Martin, leave, but it happens every year. The introduction of the TP and the omnipresent social media make it much more visible. Time will tell what effects these moves will have. A more significant challenge is flipping from a truly cushy schedule, which probably kept the 9-1 VULCANS out of the post-season, to a brutally tough one that adds road games @ KUTZ and @SHEP to home visits from IUP and SRU. No matter who is on the roster, better than 2-2 in those games seems unlikely.

Comment

• I think a lot of this is testing the waters and I think we'll always see that with teams perceived as lesser. Have some good seasons, test the portal to see what comes your way, bite or return home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                                I think a lot of this is testing the waters and I think we'll always see that with teams perceived as lesser. Have some good seasons, test the portal to see what comes your way, bite or return home.
                                Unless you are a status player, the 'return home' option may not exist. Most coaches would tell you not to let the door hit you.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X