• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I guess he doesn’t want a real degree.
    Never even heard of this student athlete🧐

Comment

• Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post
      Per Twitter, TJ Flite (WR/ATH) is transferring from IUP. Flite will have four (4) years of eligibility remaining.
      Never heard of him. I assume he was a walk-on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I tell people that Shepherd will be just fine. I'm not sweating it.
        I wouldn't sweat it either. I'd bet some of those guys are leaving b/c they recruited others that are better.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Never heard of him. I assume he was a walk-on.
          Oh…he’s transferring to Walk On U.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I wouldn't sweat it either. I'd bet some of those guys are leaving b/c they recruited others that are better.
            Some may also be seeking that FCS money as well. Some may be exploring their options. Really, only one of the losses could truly potentially hurt, and Shepherd may be able to replace him. That isn't including the graduations and Brown declaring for the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Some may also be seeking that FCS money as well. Some may be exploring their options. Really, only one of the losses could truly potentially hurt, and Shepherd may be able to replace him. That isn't including the graduations and Brown declaring for the draft.
              I think I saw on twitter Marlon Cook ended up committing to UT Martin FCS. Good luck to him.

I'm sure things will heat up as we get closer to the next signing day in February and the FBS/FCS recruits get settled, but so far no offers for the other Rams in the portal that elected to enter the portal.

DT Jurnee Dunbar (2nd team All PSAC East)
              LB Devon Lynch
              FS Terrell Lindsey

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I think I saw on twitter Marlon Cook ended up committing to UT Martin FCS. Good luck to him.

I'm sure things will heat up as we get closer to the next signing day in February and the FBS/FCS recruits get settled, but so far no offers for the other Rams in the portal that elected to enter the portal.

DT Jurnee Dunbar (2nd team All PSAC East)
                LB Devon Lynch
                FS Terrell Lindsey
                Well, remember not everybody posts their lives on social media.

Comment

Well, remember not everybody posts their lives on social media.
                  Very true. They certainly posted that they were in the portal on social media though. Love getting those likes and reporting they have an offer... not everyone is made that way though I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Very true. They certainly posted that they were in the portal on social media though. Love getting those likes and reporting they have an offer... not everyone is made that way though I agree.
                    I've talked to several parents who have kids in the Portal. They've all said it's an awful experience.

Kids are getting offers (from dumpster programs) and being told they have two hours to accept or it's off the table. It is so flooded schools can take the used car salesman approach.

Comment

I've talked to several parents who have kids in the Portal. They've all said it's an awful experience.

Kids are getting offers (from dumpster programs) and being told they have two hours to accept or it's off the table. It is so flooded schools can take the used car salesman approach.
                      Seems to be bad all the way around. Hard to tell kids to be realistic about their expectations, they don't get it most of the time.

Comment

The bottom line for most every player in the portal.....you better have made some calls and have something already worked out with the school you want to transfer to. If you haven't, you are really rolling the dice. You also run the risk of your current coach not taking you back if something does not work out for you. Of course if you are an established high end player, you have a bit more of a bargaining chip. However, if you are looking to go up a level (D2 TO FCS / FBS), you are really taking big risk. It all depends on the market out there at each individual school for your position. Again.....you better have an idea of what that market is via phone calll/ conversations etc with the program you are looking at. Otherwise your playing the lottery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boro33 View Post

The bottom line for most every player in the portal.....you better have made some calls and have something already worked out with the school you want to transfer to. If you haven't, you are really rolling the dice. You also run the risk of your current coach not taking you back if something does not work out for you. Of course if you are an established high end player, you have a bit more of a bargaining chip. However, if you are looking to go up a level (D2 TO FCS / FBS), you are really taking big risk. It all depends on the market out there at each individual school for your position. Again.....you better have an idea of what that market is via phone calll/ conversations etc with the program you are looking at. Otherwise your playing the lottery.
                          Good advice. And there's no need to be nasty about it as a coach, but if I were head coach of a football team I'd make it clear that if you did put yourself in the portal your chances of being back next year would be slim. An athlete has the right to play where he wants to play, but as a coach I want people on my team who want to be there. If a player is unlikely to get playing time in the future, coaches need to be upfront about that to give the player a better basis on which to make his decision.

Comment

• Just did a quick search and see that Ian Sheehan who left ship via the portal last month holds 2 D1 offers from Duquesne and Tarleton State. Still uncommitted and looking for better offers. Hopefully he fairs better than Charles Headen/Winston Eubanks who both left Ship for D1 programs and didn't get the PT/opportunities they thought they'd get although in Eubanks defense he was medically DQ'd due to concussions midway through the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
                              Just did a quick search and see that Ian Sheehan who left ship via the portal last month holds 2 D1 offers from Duquesne and Tarleton State. Still uncommitted and looking for better offers. Hopefully he fairs better than Charles Headen/Winston Eubanks who both left Ship for D1 programs and didn't get the PT/opportunities they thought they'd get although in Eubanks defense he was medically DQ'd due to concussions midway through the season.
                              I understand Shepherd is in the mix.

Comment

• Another Ram in the portal. Back up DE Jonari Carroll. Only played in 2 games this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X