Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Portal

'Tis the season.

Many names will start surfacing in the next 24-48 hours.

The Clarion WR picked up a Duquesne offer so far. He visited Toldedo but not sure they offered.

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    'Tis the season.

The Clarion WR picked up a Duquesne offer so far. He visited Toldedo but not sure they offered.
    I have no reason to believe this but I am seriously worried that the VULCANS FR kicker Anthony Beitko out of McKeesport may get poached by a D1 team. Leading scorer and kicker in the league with 16-17 FG made( that miss may be the block in the BORO game) and 39-40 PATS. Given that those skills are directly transferable to any program, the possibility of an FCS/FBS school with a kicking problem stepping up and offering a full ride seems well within the realm of possibility. Might be an incentive for Coach Dunn to get ahead of the curve and sweeten his deal.

Comment

'Tis the season.

If he's not better than Andre Reed, then he should stay in the PSAC

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

I have no reason to believe this but I am seriously worried that the VULCANS FR kicker Anthony Beitko out of McKeesport may get poached by a D1 team. Leading scorer and kicker in the league with 16-17 FG made( that miss may be the block in the BORO game) and 39-40 PATS. Given that those skills are directly transferable to any program, the possibility of an FCS/FBS school with a kicking problem stepping up and offering a full ride seems well within the realm of possibility. Might be an incentive for Coach Dunn to get ahead of the curve and sweeten his deal.
        Unless he enters the portal, schools cannot contact him. Obviously that likely does happen, however, in the covert world of recruiting.

Comment

'Tis the season.

Heard from a couple individuals at Bloomsburg, that QB Leiby is going to get his masters elsewhere and hitting the portal. Big loss for the huskies. Still had 2 years of eligibility remaining

Comment

Unless he enters the portal, schools cannot contact him. Obviously that likely does happen, however, in the covert world of recruiting.
            It seems to be getting less covert all the time. Call his HS coach, talk about what a shame it is he's not at XYZ UNIVERSITY who really needs a kicker and next thing you know the portal opens and out pops a proven kicker with a ton of potential. Don't know his home situation or education plans, but there's a lot of opportunities out there.

Comment

It seems to be getting less covert all the time. Call his HS coach, talk about what a shame it is he's not at XYZ UNIVERSITY who really needs a kicker and next thing you know the portal opens and out pops a proven kicker with a ton of potential. Don't know his home situation or education plans, but there's a lot of opportunities out there.
              I wouldn't be all that concerned until he starts consistently hitting long FGs and gets better with touchbacks on KOs. Assumption lost their kicker to LSU in '18 because he had a big leg, hitting up to 53 yards, and was highly accurate on those long attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by Pine Ridge View Post

I wouldn't be all that concerned until he starts consistently hitting long FGs and gets better with touchbacks on KOs. Assumption lost their kicker to LSU in '18 because he had a big leg, hitting up to 53 yards, and was highly accurate on those long attempts.
                His longest was 48 yds which I believe is the school record. I'm not even thinking so much of an LSU level program as much as a YSU, VILLANOVA or MARSHALL. I'd be thrilled if it never happens but he is pretty talented.

Comment

Lock Haven DT Tony Dressler just hit the portal.

Comment

Lock Haven DT Tony Dressler just hit the portal.
                    He has 2 years of eligibility.

Comment

I think Ship's Jaxson Montross would be as much in demand. Already the best long-range kicker in school history, from what I can tell. He was the Big 33 kicker this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I think Ship's Jaxson Montross would be as much in demand. Already the best long-range kicker in school history, from what I can tell. He was the Big 33 kicker this year.
                        My guess they both have the potential to move on up and should have someone make some back channel contacts. Unlike the CLARION WR (name please) who entered the portal and is now tracking interest, I'd suggest having some pretty clear intended target schools before making the leap.

Comment

Wish position coaches or coordinators could enter the transfer portal....

Comment

This year, it appears as if Shepherd really benefited from the portal so I have a feeling they will be actively looking again and have some looking to transfer looking at them - especially WRs who want to play their last year with Bagent.

Comment

Originally posted by nova2wv View Post
                              This year, it appears as if Shepherd really benefited from the portal so I have a feeling they will be actively looking again and have some looking to transfer looking at them - especially WRs who want to play their last year with Bagent.
                              Shepherd has got a big senior/graduate class leaving. Rams are losing almost the entire Defense (3 on DL, both MLB, Both safeties and at least 1 or 2 corners that played). Might only have 2 returning starters next year for defense. Offense loses majority of the WR's but Beach is back. Running back should be fine. OL loses 2 or 3 as well. Going to be an interesting offseason as new players will need to step up.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X