Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

If they have it's staying pretty quiet.

Historically, they seem to have a lot of luck after D1 Spring Ball.
    I haven't heard anything, either. Might be a pretty lame spring practice.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

I haven't heard anything, either. Might be a pretty lame spring practice.
      I'd hope they just figure out how to play inside Miller Stadium and also how to protect the punter. The QB part they can resolve over the summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'd hope they just figure out how to play inside Miller Stadium and also how to protect the punter. The QB part they can resolve over the summer.
        Not that it matters, but do they practice at Miller or is there separate practice fields? It is baffling how poor they've been at home in recent years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Not that it matters, but do they practice at Miller or is there separate practice fields? It is baffling how poor they've been at home in recent years.
          They practice in Miller Stadium.

I go to the home games and most away games. Tort has two different teams. The home team is unemotional and, sadly, typically just looks disinterested. The away team is a totally different animal. It's baffling.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
              Has IUP found a transfer QB yet?
              I think they got Mak Sexton from Pitt state. His Twitter account says IUP football on it now. He's a gunslinger with a cannon, but a pure pocket guy who sometimes has a little too much faith in his arm.

Comment

• That is another big land for Coach Tort. From the research I did on Mak Sexton he is a freak!! From high school and his time at Pittsburg State. From what people are saying on here and from his highlight tape it says he has 2 years remaining. From his Twitter page it looks like he is already at IUP for spring ball. Wow what a great land for Tort!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post
                  That is another big land for Coach Tort. From the research I did on Mak Sexton he is a freak!! From high school and his time at Pittsburg State. From what people are saying on here and from his highlight tape it says he has 2 years remaining. From his Twitter page it looks like he is already at IUP for spring ball. Wow what a great land for Tort!
                  Yeah. He graduated from Pitt and has 2 left.

His arm talent is freakish, but his decision making can be iffy. He got benched late in the season, and probably wasn't going to start for Pitt next year. When he's on, he's scary good, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

His arm talent is freakish, but his decision making can be iffy. He got benched late in the season, and probably wasn't going to start for Pitt next year. When he's on, he's scary good, though.
                    He had 16 TDs, 7 INT, 198.18 YPG and 61.33 completion for an 8-3 PSU team which seems average though INT/TD ratio is high and completion % is low.
                    Woodbery/Davis had 30TDs , 4 INT and 243.6 YPG for a 7-3 IUP team with a similar completion rate 60.98%. Seems like a wash but a lot depends on the receiving corps and someone else will have to evaluate that.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

He had 16 TDs, 7 INT, 198.18 YPG and 61.33 completion for an 8-3 PSU team which seems average though INT/TD ratio is high and completion % is low.
                      Woodbery/Davis had 30TDs , 4 INT and 243.6 YPG for a 7-3 IUP team with a similar completion rate 60.98%. Seems like a wash but a lot depends on the receiving corps and someone else will have to evaluate that.
                      I'd be fine with another Woodberry. Harry wasn't their problem last year (aside from him missing the first two games).

That team had more Dr. Phil type issues than talent issues. And, that was a really young team last year. Hopefully the experience brings them back better mentally.

Comment

For full disclosure, he has played in 3 different offenses under 2 different staff's at Pitt. I was kind of excited to see what he would look like after a couple full seasons in the same offense. Alas it wasn't meant to be.

He definitely showed flashes of brilliance, like I said, when he's on, he's really good, but he akso had games where he just tried to force stuff and looked pretty bad when he did. He had a tendency to stare down targets and got baited into bad throws against good defenses too many times for my liking.

The right system and a couple of years to learn it, he may end up being great or he might end up being average. It should be fun to find out..

If your o relies on a qb who is at. Least willing to run it, though, you're screwed.

Pitt had a pretty good WR corps this year including an Iowa state transfer. Not sure how psac defenses stack up against MIAA defenses any more,, though. Also not sure how the IUP oline is compared to the young, but really good oline Pitt had this season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Reminds me A LOT of the QB SRU had in 2011 Cody Endres. Looks amazing at times, suspect decision making that you have to live with. Operates inside pocket only.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockNation View Post

Reminds me A LOT of the QB SRU had in 2011 Cody Endres. Looks amazing at times, suspect decision making that you have to live with. Operates inside pocket only.
                            How does he remind you of some slimy guy in 2011 when you have never seen Mak Sexton play? F SLIMY PEBBLE!

Comment

• It will be interesting to see how he adjusts to a different FB culture. Not as challenging as the MIAA, but enough pot holes that what looks like a sure PO spot, disappears in a blink. Depending on whether IUP chooses to go with 10 games again, they play @ESU and @SHIP in wks 2 and 3, then 'HURST followed by SRU and @CAL in wks 5 and 6. So by Oct 8 they'll pretty much know if this signing has paid off.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how he adjusts to a different FB culture. Not as challenging as the MIAA, but enough pot holes that what looks like a sure PO spot, disappears in a blink. Depending on whether IUP chooses to go with 10 games again, they play @ESU and @SHIP in wks 2 and 3, then 'HURST followed by SRU and @CAL in wks 5 and 6. So by Oct 8 they'll pretty much know if this signing has paid off.
                                We're aware we play Cal/SRU back-to-back. Every. Single. Year.

LOL

Nice schedule rotation (that never changes)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X