• Show
Clear All

• RB Ja'Den McKenzie, West Chester
    http://www.indianagazette.com
    www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
      RB Ja'Den McKenzie, West Chester
      Talk about a 'power back' ... 6'3", 230 lbs.

He had a nice season. Looks like (1) year of eligibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

They only have a 4,000-seat stadium? I'm surprised their conference lets them get away with that at an FCS level. As for St. Francis, I saw their attendance last year listed at about 1,500 a game, which I think was last or close to it in FCS. Ship and most other PSAC schools get more than that on a bad day.
        At least RMU fills their half until November when its just too cold to watch the bottom third of FCS play. I was incorrect - its a 3,000 seat stadium but its also without a track so you're on top of the field like the stadium is on top of all the traffic going to the Pittsburgh airport. This year they averaged about 2,500 in a 3,000 seat stadium - 80% full at any size is a better atmosphere than what we typically have. They eclipsed 3,000 for Homecoming but had just north of 1,000 last weekend. Again, just like what we typically see regardless of D1/D2. Big South football stadiums (not counting NC A&T's 21,500 capacity) seat on average 5,000.

The most visible symptom of RMU's conference upgrade is a great lesson for those hoping their PSAC school moves up: if you think students & alumni couldn't care less about games against Mount St. Marys or Central Connecticut, wait until you see how excited they are about playing football against such Western PA known schools as Campbell and Gardner-Webb! Then your alternative is paying $18/ticket to see basketball games against Wisconsin-Green Bay or Purdue-Fort Wayne. A huge selling point for PSAC football is that most of your conference games are drivable and players are also playing against a lot of kids they played against in high school or attended camps with.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Talk about a 'power back' ... 6'3", 230 lbs.

He had a nice season. Looks like (1) year of eligibility.
          He's a good player, will be interesting to see if he ends up at another PSAC school. Kutztown would be a good fit.

Comment

• Some more:

Cal: Noah Dillow, Ladonnis Griffin

Millersville: Christian Makanoeich

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
              Some more:

Dillow is a monster -- multi-time All-PSAC selection at LB.

Will he follow the trail to Indiana? That's what I'm hearing. Just sayin'

Comment

Some more:

Please send all kickers to Shepherdstown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

He's a good player, will be interesting to see if he ends up at another PSAC school. Kutztown would be a good fit.
                  Ship will be in great need of running backs.

Comment

At least RMU fills their half until November when its just too cold to watch the bottom third of FCS play. I was incorrect - its a 3,000 seat stadium but its also without a track so you're on top of the field like the stadium is on top of all the traffic going to the Pittsburgh airport. This year they averaged about 2,500 in a 3,000 seat stadium - 80% full at any size is a better atmosphere than what we typically have. They eclipsed 3,000 for Homecoming but had just north of 1,000 last weekend. Again, just like what we typically see regardless of D1/D2. Big South football stadiums (not counting NC A&T's 21,500 capacity) seat on average 5,000.

The most visible symptom of RMU's conference upgrade is a great lesson for those hoping their PSAC school moves up: if you think students & alumni couldn't care less about games against Mount St. Marys or Central Connecticut, wait until you see how excited they are about playing football against such Western PA known schools as Campbell and Gardner-Webb! Then your alternative is paying $18/ticket to see basketball games against Wisconsin-Green Bay or Purdue-Fort Wayne. A huge selling point for PSAC football is that most of your conference games are drivable and players are also playing against a lot of kids they played against in high school or attended camps with.
                    I agree that part of the enjoyment of being in the PSAC is playing against schools you know with kids mostly from our state or the surrounding area. Actually, it was fun to see Ship play Mount St. Mary in basketball when Jim Phelan was coaching as they aren't that far from us. They did usually clobber us and are obviously out of Ship's class now. Kind of amazing that some of these schools go to FCS football with such small attendance numbers.

Comment

I agree that part of the enjoyment of being in the PSAC is playing against schools you know with kids mostly from our state or the surrounding area. Actually, it was fun to see Ship play Mount St. Mary in basketball when Jim Phelan was coaching as they aren't that far from us. They did usually clobber us and are obviously out of Ship's class now. Kind of amazing that some of these schools go to FCS football with such small attendance numbers.
                      All it takes is money - and if they're a private school (like almost all the NEC, MEAC, and Big South) all it takes is a commitment to recruiting enough paying students to make up for discounting the extra athletic scholarship discounts.

Comment

All it takes is money - and if they're a private school (like almost all the NEC, MEAC, and Big South) all it takes is a commitment to recruiting enough paying students to make up for discounting the extra athletic scholarship discounts.
                        I suppose — still seems a little ridiculous.

Comment

I suppose — still seems a little ridiculous.
                          Usually the increase in real money needed (extra travel, higher salaries) is offset by the March Madness revenue sharing, making it a wash. It brings absolutely nothing of value because most people (especially students) couldn't care less if you're D1 and you're not winning (and playing the big boys).

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Dillow is a monster -- multi-time All-PSAC selection at LB.

Will he follow the trail to Indiana? That's what I'm hearing. Just sayin'
                            I would think Dillon goes D1 or IUP since he is a local kid….will be interesting for sure.

Comment

• Edinboro: Rodney Henderson

Kutztown: Ibrahima Dialo

West Chester: Jaden McKenzie

Comment

Edinboro: Rodney Henderson

Kutztown: Ibrahima Dialo

West Chester: Jaden McKenzie
                                Shippensburg: Ian Sheehan (WR)

Seton Hill: Brian Caldwell Jr (WR) Torbyn Eakins (OL)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X