Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I have a hunch this first meeting won't be the last. They may play three times this year.
    Wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

• Agreed. Fully knowing postseason hoops can get crazy, I'd say right now, anything other than an IUP-ESU final would be a big upset.

Damn. I look at that, 3 p.m. next Saturday a perfect time, and I think that just might be worth a road trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
        Agreed. Fully knowing postseason hoops can get crazy, I'd say right now, anything other than an IUP-ESU final would be a big upset.

Damn. I look at that, 3 p.m. next Saturday a perfect time, and I think that just might be worth a road trip.
        Let me know if you come. Happy Hour on me next door at the Hilton.

Comment

• Cal TE transfers to Power 5 school! ????

Oklahoma State Adds Another Transfer Portal Find in Ian Edenfield | Pokes Report

He had 22 catches in 2 years

Comment

• Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
            Cal TE transfers to Power 5 school! ????

Oklahoma State Adds Another Transfer Portal Find in Ian Edenfield | Pokes Report

He had 22 catches in 2 years
            Very strange. In that write up they are assuming he's a blocking TE, so forget his stats in the pass game. I also saw in the comments that they have like 7 or 8 scholarship TE players now. I don't recall the Pokes having anything other than a spread attack on offense?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Very strange. In that write up they are assuming he's a blocking TE, so forget his stats in the pass game. I also saw in the comments that they have like 7 or 8 scholarship TE players now. I don't recall the Pokes having anything other than a spread attack on offense?
              Correct. He's essentially like having an extra (mobile) tackle on the field. He's tough. Big dude.

Comment

Correct. He's essentially like having an extra (mobile) tackle on the field. He's tough. Big dude.
                With QBs doing a little more running these days, blocking backs and TEs seem to be coming back in vogue a little. Former Ship player John Kuhn ended up having a nice NFL career as a blocking fullback. At this year's Rose Bowl, I enjoyed watching Penn State use the old T-formation twice to score from in close.

Comment

My guess would be they are trying to make him into a OT. This portal stuff is crazy, never even noticed him at Cal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
                    My guess would be they are trying to make him into a OT. This portal stuff is crazy, never even noticed him at Cal.
                    I only know who he was from being an Edinboro target. He's got size and strength. Their fans are once again having their minds effed by the PSAC lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I only know who he was from being an Edinboro target. He's got size and strength. Their fans are once again having their minds effed by the PSAC lol
                      That's two years in a row Cal has lost a star to D1 (Phillip Alston in basketball last year and now this).

I know that guy wasn't a 'star' per se (big name) in the PSAC but to those who watch a little closer ... he's a house. This board rarely hypes of TE/OL hybrids. But, he's a real big loss.

Comment

That's two years in a row Cal has lost a star to D1 (Phillip Alston in basketball last year and now this).

I know that guy wasn't a 'star' per se (big name) in the PSAC but to those who watch a little closer ... he's a house. This board rarely hypes of TE/OL hybrids. But, he's a real big loss.
                        Cal also lost Jermal Martin, 1st team D-Back he went to Wake Forrest after the 2021 season. Played quite a bit too, and had some nice stats (38 tackles, 25 solo; 2 TFL; 1 INT and 5 pass break ups).

Comment

I would hardly call him a star with all due respect, a large TE which are hard to find out of HS. D2 portal hot commodity would be a TE or FB guys developed more than HS kids at that position. There’s enough skill in the portal D1 wise so some positions that try D2 to D1 will be waiting in the portal a long time….

Comment

• Noticed that ex-Middletown and Cal U running back Richie Sykes Jr. is on Ship's spring roster. The Raiders need a lot of help in the RB department.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
                              Noticed that ex-Middletown and Cal U running back Richie Sykes Jr. is on Ship's spring roster. The Raiders need a lot of help in the RB department.
                              He played for them in the fall I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

He played for them in the fall I believe.
                                LOL. You're right. He was on last year's roster. Obviously made a big impression on me.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X