Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He won't be in D2. He'll get snagged up quickly by the FCS ranks.

I'd guess quite a few will leave.
    Walker has already gone back to Martinsburg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Walker has already gone back to Martinsburg.
      Think he was referring to the player.

Bowie is 5'9 160 lbs so I have doubts he gets an FCS offer this late in the game. Guess time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I've had that very thought too many times in recent years. Somebody still winds up laying 60 on them. They had a QB they could build on a bit with Heisey, and he bolted after one season.
        Yeah, they'll need to take quite a leap forward. Ship's weaknesses were well documented last season, and they still had little trouble with the Bald Eagles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Bowie is 5'9 160 lbs so I have doubts he gets an FCS offer this late in the game. Guess time will tell.
          That's why I need coffee before I post.

Comment

BigIndians was right, committed to Jacksonville State yesterday evening.

Comment

• Former Shippensburg RB/WR Khalid Dorsey has signed with Slippery Rock. He has one year of eligibility.

Comment

He won't be in D2. He'll get snagged up quickly by the FCS ranks.

I'd guess quite a few will leave.
                Yes a little birdie claims another Concord kid was seen on the IUP campus the other day, interesting times for sure

Comment

• a couple of Clarion transfers that went the D1 route after the mass exodus of 2021 landed back in the PSAC West this week. should be solid additions for both teams.

Jake Baker DE (Clarion/Towson) - signed with the Rock
                  Quinn Zinobile WR (Clarion/Albany) - signed with IUP

Comment

• Originally posted by CUlater View Post
                    a couple of Clarion transfers that went the D1 route after the mass exodus of 2021 landed back in the PSAC West this week. should be solid additions for both teams.

Jake Baker DE (Clarion/Towson) - signed with the Rock
                    Quinn Zinobile WR (Clarion/Albany) - signed with IUP
                    WOW

Awesome

​​​​​Add a beer to that tab I owe you. Great news.

Comment

Former Shippensburg RB/WR Khalid Dorsey has signed with Slippery Rock. He has one year of eligibility.
                      Shows how up to date I am. Didn't even realize he had another year. He had his moments at Ship although he had a tendency to jitterbug around behind the LOS too much before hitting the hole. He played behind a youthful o-line at Ship, so maybe the holes will be a little bigger at Slippery Rock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Shows how up to date I am. Didn't even realize he had another year. He had his moments at Ship although he had a tendency to jitterbug around behind the LOS too much before hitting the hole. He played behind a youthful o-line at Ship, so maybe the holes will be a little bigger at Slippery Rock.
                        It will be nice once all these Covid extra years, etc., are washed out. It will make things a little easier to track.

Comment

It will be nice once all these Covid extra years, etc., are washed out. It will make things a little easier to track.
                          No kidding. I think the Covid year in hindsight should have been only for the upperclassmen during the pandemic. There is a D1 basketball player that is about to embark on his 8th year of college. High school kids are really getting the shaft with how many 22-25 year olds are still "kids" in school.

Comment

No kidding. I think the Covid year in hindsight should have been only for the upperclassmen during the pandemic. There is a D1 basketball player that is about to embark on his 8th year of college. High school kids are really getting the shaft with how many 22-25 year olds are still "kids" in school.
                            Tort has talked about that the last two recruiting cycles. In particular, his 2022 class he said he was able to sign kids that would have never been D2 players a couple years ago.

It is funny to think about players being 25 or 26 and still playing college sports. I sure hope they have more than just a bachelors' degree.

High school players have really taken a hit in basketball. Aside from the Covid item, colleges are recruiting a ton of overseas players. The trickle down has become lots of very good U.S. high school players are ending up in JUCO. Then, of course, they become the next waive of 'transfers' the following year or two.

More and more programs -- D1 and D2 -- are 'punting' recruiting high school basketball players. At our level, in particular, they are very rarely ready to play. Coaches are terrified to redshirt players in today's era because they'll just leave. So, the vast majority of teams are recruiting solely out of the portal (and overseas). It's very common now to see players who have been at 3-4 different schools.

Comment

• GU picks up CUSA FBS QB w 3yrs left from New Mexico State
                              https://twitter.com/BearssBryce
                              also MAC RB from Ball State, Donnie Marcus
                              and RB from MAC Bowling Green, Braxton Todd
                              https://twitter.com/todd_braxton/

Comment

• I had seen the mention of Braxton - I'm curious --- being from Martinsburg, if he/Shepherd reached out and it didn't work out. Shepherd can/could use help at RB so I thought it might be an option.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X