Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shepherd vs. Notre Dame

Two old rivals are meeting up in Shepherdstown for a ticket to the SR1 championship. Notre Dame brings the nation's number one turnover margin into town against the #1 total offense. Notre Dame is a +21 on the season and has done a great job at creating pressure with 44 sacks on the season. Shepherd does a great job up front with their offensive line protecting Bagent and opening holes for the stable of running backs. This battle will come down to that matchup. If Notre Dame can create pressure and win the turnover margin, they can walk out of Shepherdstown with the win. If the offensive line continues to do what they've done in the last eight games, it's going to be a long game. I look for Shepherd to continue last week's game plan, and neutralize the pressure by running the ball.

Originally posted by Monte's Catering Co. View Post
    Two old rivals are meeting up in Shepherdstown for a ticket to the SR1 championship. Notre Dame brings the nation's number one turnover margin into town against the #1 total offense. Notre Dame is a +21 on the season and has done a great job at creating pressure with 44 sacks on the season. Shepherd does a great job up front with their offensive line protecting Bagent and opening holes for the stable of running backs. This battle will come down to that matchup. If Notre Dame can create pressure and win the turnover margin, they can walk out of Shepherdstown with the win. If the offensive line continues to do what they've done in the last eight games, it's going to be a long game. I look for Shepherd to continue last week's game plan, and neutralize the pressure by running the ball.
    It's amazing how far the rushing game has come since the loss to Kutztown. Although, I know that Shepherd dealt with injuries in the backfield earlier this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

It's amazing how far the rushing game has come since the loss to Kutztown. Although, I know that Shepherd dealt with injuries in the backfield earlier this season.
      They did, but they really didn't go to the run early. I believe that was the wake-up call. Imagine trying to game plan for the Shepherd offense now. I still think the answer is to make Shepherd be patient on offense. The bulk of their turnovers have been on intermediate to deep passes. That's why the running game is so huge!

Preaching to the choir!

Comment

They did, but they really didn't go to the run early. I believe that was the wake-up call. Imagine trying to game plan for the Shepherd offense now. I still think the answer is to make Shepherd be patient on offense. The bulk of their turnovers have been on intermediate to deep passes. That's why the running game is so huge!

Preaching to the choir!
        I think it's odd when you look at how Shepherd can now run the ball well and defend the run, but the big pass plays allowed by the defense have been maddening this season. Even against Findlay, the Oilers had one long drive that led to a TD. They also had a long drive that led to a FG attempt that was blocked and the other that led to a 50-yard FG that was made. Really, that part isn't bad. However, they also had the long pass the WR caught with one hand. And even though it was a spectacular grab, he was wide open. There was the 4th and inches pass play that the guy broke for a long TD. And the deep ball in the 4th quarter where another deep WR was wide open. Those are the things that make you pull your hair out.

Comment

Looking forward to this match up this week. Tyson will need to make some better reads as this defense mixes things up very well. If all goes accordingly on the offensive side then running the ball and Tyson always having time, the offense will put up points. Special teams has certainly improved. Defense can stop the run and just hope to G-d that the secondary won't let anyone get behind them.....jeesh.....maddening is such a good description....Shepherd 42 Notre Who 24

Comment

The secondary just can't seem to grasp the concept of DO YOUR JOB!!! Stop peeking in the backfield and read your keys for crying out loud. Keep it in front of you and TACKLE! If Shepherd can limit ND and make them grind it out on offense, I see Shepherd winning comfortably by 10+ and keeping them at bay. I don't think ND's defense will hold the Rams to below 35 pts. If we don't limit the big plays, ND can easily score 40+ though.

Also, wanted to add, ND QB Brimm doesn't get enough credit. All the guy does is win, he's been a great player for them since his freshman year. How they managed to steal him out of Tallahassee, FL makes no sense. The health status of their run game will also be interesting to check out in the pregame/1st quarter.

Comment

I think it's odd when you look at how Shepherd can now run the ball well and defend the run, but the big pass plays allowed by the defense have been maddening this season. Even against Findlay, the Oilers had one long drive that led to a TD. They also had a long drive that led to a FG attempt that was blocked and the other that led to a 50-yard FG that was made. Really, that part isn't bad. However, they also had the long pass the WR caught with one hand. And even though it was a spectacular grab, he was wide open. There was the 4th and inches pass play that the guy broke for a long TD. And the deep ball in the 4th quarter where another deep WR was wide open. Those are the things that make you pull your hair out.
              Yeah, they'll want to avoid giving ND cheap ones like that. The Ship secondary drove us crazy this year. They had some talented freshman who'd make great plays, then you'd see the opponent's receivers running wide open on other plays. In Division II, you're really ahead of the game if you can make your opponents earn their scores, but most Division II teams have weaknesses somewhere or the other that can be exploited.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                The secondary just can't seem to grasp the concept of DO YOUR JOB!!! Stop peeking in the backfield and read your keys for crying out loud. Keep it in front of you and TACKLE! If Shepherd can limit ND and make them grind it out on offense, I see Shepherd winning comfortably by 10+ and keeping them at bay. I don't think ND's defense will hold the Rams to below 35 pts. If we don't limit the big plays, ND can easily score 40+ though.

Also, wanted to add, ND QB Brimm doesn't get enough credit. All the guy does is win, he's been a great player for them since his freshman year. How they managed to steal him out of Tallahassee, FL makes no sense. The health status of their run game will also be interesting to check out in the pregame/1st quarter.
                That's just it. They stare in the backfield way too much. That was very evident on that deep pass play in the 4th quarter against Findlay. Several guys along the sideline and not one of them went deep with the WR. I know that they were claiming that be ran out of bounds and back in, but you still don't just ignore him. Don't leave it up to the refs to bail you out.

Comment

Preaching to the choir!
                  Radom Thoughts from an Arm chair Coach an Quarterback;
                  Yes, with the run game we have been able even up the TOP. Hopefully, TB realizes he does not have to force his throws that end in interceptions. ND is the best in the nation at interceptions so he will need to be precise and willing to throw it out of bounds if needed. I am sure TB has a sour taste from his first game with ND , where he made a remarkable come back but fell short.

Comment

That's just it. They stare in the backfield way too much. That was very evident on that deep pass play in the 4th quarter against Findlay. Several guys along the sideline and not one of them went deep with the WR. I know that they were claiming that be ran out of bounds and back in, but you still don't just ignore him. Don't leave it up to the refs to bail you out.
                    Any word on the PONCE DELEON target review?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramhead View Post

Wow, yea forgot about that one. He's the most consistent player we have in the secondary. Biggest playmaker. Hopefully they overturned it and let him play.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramhead View Post

I haven't heard anything yet. I sure hope that Shepherd has him during the game.

Comment

Yes, the two top RB's were beat up in the SRU game.

Comment

Yes, the two top RB's were beat up in the SRU game.
                            Come in with the same mentality as last week, shut down the run and make them one dimensional. Hit those backs early and make them feel the cold, they won't be running as hard as the game goes along. Quick start would really be big if the Rams can get out the gates and score.

Comment

Come in with the same mentality as last week, shut down the run and make them one dimensional. Hit those backs early and make them feel the cold, they won't be running as hard as the game goes along. Quick start would really be big if the Rams can get out the gates and score.
                              Shepherd has done a great job making teams one dimensional. Now, if only they can make that one dimension just a little more difficult. Whenever the opposing team passes deep, I hold my breath.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X