Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Unofficial' Nicknames

My son played at Shepherd back in the MEC days and my other is now at Virginia Union playing -- I always come to this board since Shepherd moved conferences and I appreciate the insight, input and overall humor on the PSAC board. However, I really need a crash-course on the 'unofficial' nicknames some of you use to reference another school. I get Shepherd = 'Sheep' and Slippery Rock = 'Slimly Pebble' but it might be fun/educational to hear/see what the other schools are referred to as by another school.
    Kutztown
    Shepherd Sheep
    Shippensburg
    West Chester
    E. Stroudsburg
    Bloomsburg
    Millersville
    Lock Haven
    Slippery Rock Slimy Pebble
    Cal U
    IUP
    Gannon
    Edinboro
    Mercyhurst
    Seton Hill
    Clarion

My VULCANS are occasionally called SPOCKS for obvious reasons which I kind of like. Live long and prosper !!

Probably the most original is renaming the SHU GRIFFINS as the STEWIES also for obvious reasons. Pretty cool though meant to be derogatory.

Comment

For a while people called ESU Doudsburg. I also remember when I joined this board many moons ago some people referred to IUP as IUPoop LOL.

Comment

West Chester is called the Walk-Ons at times. Gannon is called LIT AF or the boom squad. Haven't seen it much at all on here, but back in the 2000's I think we called Ship the Red Rockets (think male puppy dog...).

Comment

I've used "KUBs" for Kutztown = Kutztown University Bears (yeah, I know they're officially the "Golden Bears" but the letters fit)

Mercyhurst = "Lake Show"
          IUP = "Red Chickens" is a popular unofficial nickname
          Clarion = "Dem Golden Iggles"
          Lock Haven = "Baldies" (as in Bald Eagles)
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            For a while people called ESU Doudsburg. I also remember when I joined this board many moons ago some people referred to IUP as IUPoop LOL.
            Some people meaning you. :-)

Comment

SRU - Gym Teachers

Comment

Originally posted by nova2wv View Post
                My son played at Shepherd back in the MEC days and my other is now at Virginia Union playing -- I always come to this board since Shepherd moved conferences and I appreciate the insight, input and overall humor on the PSAC board. However, I really need a crash-course on the 'unofficial' nicknames some of you use to reference another school. I get Shepherd = 'Sheep' and Slippery Rock = 'Slimly Pebble' but it might be fun/educational to hear/see what the other schools are referred to as by another school.
                Kutztown
                Shepherd Sheep
                Shippensburg
                West Chester
                E. Stroudsburg
                Bloomsburg
                Millersville
                Lock Haven
                Slippery Rock Slimy Pebble
                Cal U
                IUP
                Gannon
                Edinboro
                Mercyhurst
                Seton Hill
                Clarion
                This is the official IUPNation nickname list:

Pee Sack West
                IUP - The IndianBearHawks (in homage to our never ending Identity Crisis..IUP..the school that can't decide what state it's in.....
                SRU is the Slimey Pebble Fighting Gym Teachers
                CALU is The Mon Valley U Spocks
                Edinboro is the The Groundskeeper Willies in homage to the large statue on their campus of Groundskeeper Willie squatting to take a dump.
                Gannon is LIT AF (credit to IUPBigIndians for that one)
                Mercyhurst is The Lake Show
                Seton Hill are The Stewies (Family Guy)..not sure who started that one...it wasn't me but I joined in using it.
                Clarion does not have a nickname and really doesn't need one since it's probably going away at some point.

Pee Sack East

West Chester is Walk On U
                East Stroudsburg is now The Jimmies (because their current coach is basically God there)
                Kutztown is the Fighting Amish
                Shepherd is just **** Shepherd
                Millersville - None...but really they could be called the Mafrauders since their foosball team is that bad. That really needs to change and I am so glad I didn't go there after I was accepted.
                Shippensburg - I just call them Ship.
                Bloomsburg - I just call them Bloom
                Lock Haven - I just call them The Haven.

Comment

Gannon has also be referred to as Thug U thanks to their history of fights during the hand shake line with other teams but Lit-AF is more popular. You may also hear IUP fans refer to Cal's fight song as "on top of spaghetti"

Comment

Originally posted by The P in IUP View Post
                    Gannon has also be referred to as Thug U thanks to their history of fights during the hand shake line with other teams but Lit-AF is more popular. You may also hear IUP fans refer to Cal's fight song as "on top of spaghetti"
                    Cal U was also called Thug U for a while.

I don't get the "on top of spaghetti". They play the Chariots of Fire theme, on On Top of Old Smokey. Different melody.

Comment

Cal U was also called Thug U for a while.

I don't get the "on top of spaghetti". They play the Chariots of Fire theme, on On Top of Old Smokey. Different melody.
                      I would like to think that Gary Dunn has done a good job of cleaning up VULCANS FB and the THUG U stuff should be retired, at least as far as PWUCAL is concerned. Way back when the fight song was "California Here We Come" it felt a bit odd but I'd take it any day versus "Chariots.."..

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

I would like to think that Gary Dunn has done a good job of cleaning up VULCANS FB and the THUG U stuff should be retired, at least as far as PWUCAL is concerned. Way back when the fight song was "California Here We Come" it felt a bit odd but I'd take it any day versus "Chariots.."..
                        Gary Dunn is first class but I think its fair to say Mike Kellar did a lot of the heavy lifting. I'm confident that with Dunn we won't see Cal taking any guys with serious character concerns.

Comment

I personally call Slippery Rock "slippery (slang for a male body part & slang term rhymes with rock)". I'm sure I'm not the only one who calls them that.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
                            I personally call Slippery Rock "slippery (slang for a male body part & slang term rhymes with rock)". I'm sure I'm not the only one who calls them that.
                            You might be.

Comment

Gary Dunn is first class but I think its fair to say Mike Kellar did a lot of the heavy lifting. I'm confident that with Dunn we won't see Cal taking any guys with serious character concerns.
                              Get stuck with the IUP band for a year and you'll miss Chariots in a hurry.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X