X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job posted

https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/rss...medium=twitter

Comment

Wasn't Southern Columbia High School coach Jim Roth a candidate for that job once upon a time?
      GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Originally posted by CC_BU View Post
        Wasn't Southern Columbia High School coach Jim Roth a candidate for that job once upon a time?
        Right. That was a long time ago. I don't remember who they picked over him.

Comment

Help Wanted: Captain of Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Help Wanted: Captain of Titanic
            Exactly IUPbigINDIANS .

The AD treats the position like its a temp position.

Comment

Originally posted by CC_BU View Post
              I think Jim likes the higher talent level right where he is.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Exactly IUPbigINDIANS .

The AD treats the position like its a temp position.
                You would need to be in your 20s looking for a HC job or in your 50s or 60s looking for one last dance.

Track record speaks for itself. These guys weren't all bums when they took that job. The result is just unfortunately always the same.

As we always say, a third of the league goes in heavy. A third seems to have a goal of being .500. And, a third likes the enrollment boost.

Comment

You would need to be in your 20s looking for a HC job or in your 50s or 60s looking for one last dance.

Track record speaks for itself. These guys weren't all bums when they took that job. The result is just unfortunately always the same.

As we always say, a third of the league goes in heavy. A third seems to have a goal of being .500. And, a third likes the enrollment boost.
                  That is exactly right. And frankly, I haven't seen anyone from the lower two tiers making a concerted effort to move up a tier.

Comment

IUPNation - may I ask who is Ms Taylor ?

Comment

I'll let him give you his response, but here is some background.
                      http://www.indianagazette.com
                      www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

As LH plays 'up' in two sports ... could they play 'down' in football (and move to D3)?
                        I don't believe that is possible. There are specific NCAA rules for individual teams playing up a division. Don't think a school can have one of it's teams play up (or down in this case) just because they want to. Now, if they went to NAIA for football, that might be a possibility

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

I guess the obvious question is why does Lock Haven say every few years it wants to go in a different direction
                          Yea...I want MY team to go "in a different direction" too...Like MORE wins vs less wins.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

I'll let him give you his response, but here is some background.

Comment

I truly believe that what Sharon Taylor oversaw was an athletics department that came close to true equitability. The problem was that her department was competing against schools that were less equitable. The men did gain some leverage since she was forced out and some men's programs (not football) have improved their competitiveness. For instance, men's basketball has rebounded (NPI). Overlooked, though, is that within a college athletics department competition between sports programs is often a zero-sum game. Gains by one sport take away from something else. In my opinion, men's basketball had as much of a beef against the wrestling program as anything and that was not Taylor's fault. Football started its decline several years before Taylor became AD. Again, you can argue that there are other factors involved that have kept LH football down. The bottom line is that since Taylor's ouster men's programs (sans football) have gotten more competitive and women's programs have gotten less competitive. Even today, numerous PSAC schools do not meet equity requirements. In many cases, it is something they "are moving towards" and that is good enough for the NCAA.

Sharon Taylor is someone who changed the world. How many of us can say that? She was a leading national and international voice for women's athletics over the course of her career. Perhaps most notably, Sharon Taylor almost single-handedly brought Women's Field Hockey into the NCAA and established it as a sport with a national championship. As a result of her influence, the National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHAA) honored her with its first lifetime achievement award, See article.

https://www.golhu.com/news/2019/1/17...ent-award.aspx

In my opinion, the ouster of Taylor from her AD position was ugly and riddled with pervasive sexism. For instance, the Williamsport ESPN sports radio affiliate teamed with the anti-Taylor elements at LHU to wage a true propaganda campaign against her over the airwaves. Most of what they claimed was wrong. Taylor sued the station for defamation but the station won, not because their propaganda was true or legitimate, but instead, they brought out a "public figure" defense which says that they can say whatever they want about her simply because she is a public figure. Totally lame. But the damage was done and Taylor resigned. I think that whole thing is a stain on a lot of people, not necessarily on Sharon Taylor.
                                Last edited by iupgroundhog; 12-05-2021, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X