Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

I'll let him give you his response, but here is some background.
    Thanks Matt Burglund and IUPNation .

Wow....this is interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
      College football was once a regional sport. Just sayin'.

Comment

any candidates??

Comment

Originally posted by RockNation View Post
          any candidates??
          None of this will be public info unless there's a leak from the committee or they do open forums. In years past, Chris Weibel was a frequent name mentioned. What about Paul Darragh?

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

None of this will be public info unless there's a leak from the committee or they do open forums. In years past, Chris Weibel was a frequent name mentioned. What about Paul Darragh?
            WEIBEL!?

He just had half his team hit the transfer portal and kids publicly have said they hate the guy.

Just merge.

Comment

WEIBEL!?

He just had half his team hit the transfer portal and kids publicly have said they hate the guy.

Just merge.
              If this is true, wow

Comment

If this is true, wow
                Not sure it's half, but, it's a decent amount. Maybe 10-15 guys. Maybe 10% is the price of doing business when your losing. LHU is entering portal mania also.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavalier 1 View Post

Not sure it's half, but, it's a decent amount. Maybe 10-15 guys. Maybe 10% is the price of doing business when your losing. LHU is entering portal mania also.
                  True. I meant half of the good players. I wonder if it is best they just cut the programs.

Comment

This year's debacle notwithstanding, Weibel has been highly regarded on this board and elsewhere. Dude plays with a much smaller deck of cards than others in the conference. He's recruited well for years in spite of regular staff & roster turnover. However, he used to be the lowest paid coach by a mile and was in on several searches. He's now much better paid so maybe he is staying put.

Comment

• LHU names interim coach

https://therecord-online.com/site/archives/76430

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                        This year's debacle notwithstanding, Weibel has been highly regarded on this board and elsewhere. Dude plays with a much smaller deck of cards than others in the conference. He's recruited well for years in spite of regular staff & roster turnover.
                        I agree. I think Weibel does an excellent job considering the built-in limitations.

I don't know if he'd succeed at Lock Haven, and I don't know if he's even interested in the job. But there is an optics problem there. If the Lock Haven football alumni base is mad right now about what happened to Kelling, as we have heard, it would look bad to replace a guy who just went 1-10 with a guy who just went 0-11.

I know there are only so many head coaching jobs out there, so there will always be applicants. But based on what we've seen lately, I wonder who'd really want this job. We'll find out soon enough, I suppose.
                        http://www.indianagazette.com
                        www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• With Frostburg State HC leaving to become the HC at FCS South Utah University there is strong word that Kelling could be heading back to FSU as their next HC as he is beloved by the players and the community.

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
                            With Frostburg State HC leaving to become the HC at FCS South Utah University there is strong word that Kelling could be heading back to FSU as their next HC as he is beloved by the players and the community.
                            That would be nice for him. Seems like a stand up guy and wish him all the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Think your reading this as an attack on FH, when we are merely taking a position that the NC moniker for a D2 champion is a farce considering the under representation of teams participating in this division. Simply stating there shouldn't be a D2 field hockey and all that have it should be forced to contend in D3 or D1 depending on how you are funded at each respective institution.

Also, it's Shepherd. We already have enough sponsored sports as is, I personally don't think Shepherd needs anymore sports. If Shepherd added Field Hockey it would be strictly to increase enrollment. Field Hockey is an enrollment booster at 99.9% of schools.
                              To me, if you come out on top of all the programs in the country that are playing Division II hockey and it's a recognized NCAA sport, you're the national champion at that level. NCAA FBS football has about 130 teams, but they'll declare a national champion after a four-team playoff in which three of the largest conferences are not competing and one conference has been awarded two slots. For years they declared a "mythical" national champion without any playoff at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
                                it's a recognized NCAA sport
                                This has nothing to do with the teams or players. It has to do with the absurdity of the NCAA ( nothing unique there) recognizing a sport worthy of NC status that basically is simply two leagues and assorted others. If a group of 36 schools decided to form frisbee golf teams and convinced the NCAA to recognize it as a NC sport, I'd have the same objection unless 50 plus teams were involved. I think everyone aside from the P5 and NCAA realize that a 4 team playoff in a sport with 130 teams is absurd and an amazing lost opportunity to institute December Madness and make even more $$$ than they already do.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X