Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Yeah, but these schools don't compete for recruits against the PSAC. When is the last time you heard of a HS senior who 'has narrowed his choices to Bucknell. Lehigh, Princeton and Bloomsburg?' No offense to Bloomsburg intended. In the West, Duquesne, RMU, and St. Francis do compete with the PSAC.
    Just one example

Justin Morrison, DB, Penn: The Kingsway graduate had an early acceptance at Penn's College of Arts and Sciences.
    The 6-foot, 185-pounder cornerback, made 23 tackles last fall with nine pass deflections. He caught 14 passes for 314 yards.
    Another player, who benefitted from a post-grad year at Hun, Morrison tore his ACL as a junior at Kingsway and fell off the recruiting radar. He had offers from Bloomsburg and Bryant after his senior season.
    After the year at Hun he had offers from Bucknell and Holy Cross before settling on Penn.
    "Being at Hun really helped me mature," Morrison said.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

Just one example

Justin Morrison, DB, Penn: The Kingsway graduate had an early acceptance at Penn's College of Arts and Sciences.
      The 6-foot, 185-pounder cornerback, made 23 tackles last fall with nine pass deflections. He caught 14 passes for 314 yards.
      Another player, who benefitted from a post-grad year at Hun, Morrison tore his ACL as a junior at Kingsway and fell off the recruiting radar. He had offers from Bloomsburg and Bryant after his senior season.
      After the year at Hun he had offers from Bucknell and Holy Cross before settling on Penn.
      "Being at Hun really helped me mature," Morrison said.
      Ok, so he fell off of the radar and after HS he got offers from Bryant and Bloom that year. But after his year at Hun he got offers from 2 Ivies and 1 near Ivy. There isn't anything there that says he actually considered attending Bloom (or Bryant). Instead, he chose to spend a year at Hun. Those two years seem to be mutually exclusive. I'm sure there are a few examples but it's not many.

Comment

Ok, so he fell off of the radar and after HS he got offers from Bryant and Bloom that year. But after his year at Hun he got offers from 2 Ivies and 1 near Ivy. There isn't anything there that says he actually considered attending Bloom (or Bryant). Instead, he chose to spend a year at Hun. Those two years seem to be mutually exclusive. I'm sure there are a few examples but it's not many.
        But in that example he got offers from Bucknell, Holy Cross and Penn -- all drastically better schools than any of ours.

It happens a lot. In the West, the 3 FCS schools (Bobby MO, Duquesne and St. Francis) almost recruit all the same players as SRU, Cal and IUP.

I only follow IUP, and we lose a ton to those three every year. Fake D1 ... probably. But, better schools. And, most importantly to Johnny 18-year-old, he gets to tell Suzie Sorority he's a D1 player. To most of these boneheads that is all that matters.

Comment

The PSAC may be more like the Hun prep school for football. Prove yourself in the PSAC and transfer up, while the PSAC gets transfer players who need to mature and transfer down.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X