Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franklin and Marshall coach is New Lafayette Coach

John Troxell is new coach at Lafayette, so Kutztown will still have same coach for now

That's a good hire. He's been at F&M for a while and I'd argue that's a hard school to win at. High admission standard, wealthy predominantly white student body, etc. He also played & coached at Lafayette.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      That's a good hire. He's been at F&M for a while and I'd argue that's a hard school to win at. High admission standard, wealthy predominantly white student body, etc. He also played & coached at Lafayette.
      I haven't looked at the guy's career but that hire says a lot about Lafayette's values. And being a coach at a state school is probably a drawback during that search. This guy is experienced at recruiting and coaching a similar kind of student - athlete and that is very important.

Comment

That's kind of surprising, I'm glad we still get to keep Clements for another season. However, Lehigh must also be happy. Now they'll target Clements if their current HC has another garbage season.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny_Tim_5 View Post
          That's kind of surprising, I'm glad we still get to keep Clements for another season. However, Lehigh must also be happy. Now they'll target Clements if their current HC has another garbage season.
          A couple of Lehigh fans at the Any Given Saturday message board have already commented they are happy Lafayette didn't hire Jim Clements, leaving him as a possibility to come to the south side of Bethlehem this time next year if current LU head coach Tom Gilmore continues to do a mediocre to poor job.

My personal feeling is Troxell is a good though not great hire for Lafayette. There is no doubt he knows Lafayette's culture (he's not only a Lafayette alum but is also originally from across the river in Phillipsburg) and will be able to fit quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            Kutztown wasn't an easy place to win in the PSAC until the past 10 years or so. Clements has done a great job to produce a consistent winner there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Kutztown wasn't an easy place to win in the PSAC until the past 10 years or so. Clements has done a great job to produce a consistent winner there.
              Clements also did an excellent job at D3 Delaware Valley before he came to Kutztown.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X