Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RockNation View Post

This position should get some decent attention, I am surprised we havent heard more buzz. They're taking a long time...
    SRU is taking a long time on their open positions too.
    I believe SRU has finalists on campus this week. Unfortunately, I don't think Clarion HC names will be public unless a) someone gossips, or b) they do public forums and share names. Clarion doesn't have a daily or weekly that would cover this closely. Lock Haven has a weekly and even they didn't get the names out there.

Comment

• Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick.......all other schools are celebrating their recent recruiting wins and gearing up for Spring Ball. Clarion is celebrating saving money on a full time coach for another month.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I believe SRU has finalists on campus this week. Unfortunately, I don't think Clarion HC names will be public unless a) someone gossips, or b) they do public forums and share names. Clarion doesn't have a daily or weekly that would cover this closely. Lock Haven has a weekly and even they didn't get the names out there.
        Incidentally, LH has a daily (6 days a week). They also have an online "paper", the record-online.com. The Record provides much better local sports coverage than The Express. They also stream a lot of scholastic/college sports events. What happens is that these small-town newspapers get bought up by large conglomerates of small-town newspaper corporations. They then lose local flavor. So, in LH The Record has filled that void. Along the same line, note that the Indiana Gazette dropped the Sunday edition which means no Sunday report on the Saturday IUP football game. I will miss that. Maybe someone in Indiana can do something like The Record in LH.

As for coverage of the coach selection process, there wasn't anything until the actual announcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

correct, finalists come this week...

Comment

• Originally posted by PSAC Statman View Post
            Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick.......all other schools are celebrating their recent recruiting wins and gearing up for Spring Ball. Clarion is celebrating saving money on a full time coach for another month.
            18 recruits thus far, isn't bad. https://clariongoldeneagles.com/sign...ll/football/4/

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post
              I agree - and they landed guys with other offers that some may view as more desirable. I was told by the parent of a PSAC commit that the Clarion interim HC was very aggressive. Good for him.

Comment

Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick.......all other schools are celebrating their recent recruiting wins and gearing up for Spring Ball. Clarion is celebrating saving money on a full time coach for another month.
                How many coaches are looking at the Clarion job and thinking, "This job may not exist in 3 years. Why would I apply for that job?" What did Lock Haven offer their new coach considering he might be in the same circumstance?

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

How many coaches are looking at the Clarion job and thinking, "This job may not exist in 3 years. Why would I apply for that job?" What did Lock Haven offer their new coach considering he might be in the same circumstance?
                  The proof that cutting football does more financial harm to the university than keeping it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Comment

• Young, hungry coach looking to prove himself. Although one thing that he didn't have to deal with in D3 is the resource discrepancy.

Comment

• Clarion got their guy......Former Kutztown HC Ray Monica. I am less than impressed.

Comment

• I think Ray Monica is a solid hire. Guy knows the PSAC, I just wonder what kind of staff he can put together and can he recruit western PA. He's got a solid resume. Coached under Bobby Wallace at North Alabama and Temple. I don't think Kutztown would be where it is now if not for Ray Monica. I think he ran into a turd sandwich situation at Arkansas Tech. He is a sitting FCS defensive coordinator so the guy knows what he's talking about.

My opinion for Clarion is similar to Lock Haven - you need a young energetic hungry coach who is willing to take on all the extra work necessary. Preferably a black coach. Monica isn't that but he knows what it takes to win this conference because he has.

Comment

Clarion got their guy......Former Kutztown HC Ray Monica. I am less than impressed.
                            Were you expecting Urban Meyer? Guy has had success in the PSAC before, knows the conference. More success than Clarion has had in about 30 years.

Comment

Clarion got their guy......Former Kutztown HC Ray Monica. I am less than impressed.
                              He was a finalist for the IUP job when Curt Cignetti got it.
                              http://www.indianagazette.com
                              www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Sorry, I get what all of you are saying.....I just don't think 60 year old PSAC retreads is what Clarion needed. This just looks like an online search, no connections to anything......and when you do that you get what you get......so yes, I am unimpressed.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X