Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Trying to force a raise. Same reason Weibel applied a few places over the years.
    Truly sad if that committed a coach has to force a raise, but it is what it is.

Comment

Trying to force a raise. Same reason Weibel applied a few places over the years.
      Weibel sounds worse now. Losing program, players hate him, give me a raise.

MS is at a point where his team wont break the big one. Now they have tougher competition in their conference. Time for new challenge? Family ok with it? We will see.

Comment

Originally posted by RockNation View Post

MS is at a point where his team wont break the big one. Now they have tougher competition in their conference. Time for new challenge? Family ok with it? We will see.
        If he wants a new challenge ... he's looking at the Mt. Everest of PSAC challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

If he wants a new challenge ... he's looking at the Mt. Everest of PSAC challenges.
          Even if it didn't work out I think he could rebound. Look at what Kelling did.

Comment

Originally posted by RockNation View Post

People do that all the time. It's a lot easier to argue a raise when you've got a job offer in hand.

Comment

Job posting says the committee starts reviewing resumes on Jan 25. Most likely early March as the start date for the new coach considering 1 week to review, 1 week to decide who gets screening interviews, 1 week for those, 1-2 weeks for screening interviews, 1 week for decision/reference checks, 2 weeks notice plus background checks, etc.

Comment

Job posting says the committee starts reviewing resumes on Jan 25. Most likely early March as the start date for the new coach considering 1 week to review, 1 week to decide who gets screening interviews, 1 week for those, 1-2 weeks for screening interviews, 1 week for decision/reference checks, 2 weeks notice plus background checks, etc.
                Man, that sucks. That's after D2 signing day.

But, some get overlooked. He'll have to probably go transfer heavy in this first class.

Comment

Comment

The process is what it is. Its the downside of it being both a state and union job. In my opinion, this falls on the Clarion AD (or whomever made the call) for not having their ducks in a row prior to announcing. The job should have been posted the next day to allow for the holiday break to build interest and an applicant pool. They didn't and it cost them at least a couple weeks. Without naming an internal appointment, there was no way they'd make NLI day anyway. Sometimes PASSHE schools can't get out of their own way.

Comment

I can't believe my log in still works!!!! It has been quite sometime:) What Clarion has done here is criminal. Criminal as to what they did to CW and criminal as to what they are letting their new coach walk in to.
                      1. Yes, you have to post the job. Rules are rules......but any AD has a short list of people they would hire if they made a move. Hopefully you aren't tying your football future to an ad on the university website.
                      2. Clarion has enough people with ties from the successful Luke days that I hope they are contacting. Now before I go any farther, none of the people I will mention would ever come back to this job. But I bet they know some really good up and comers that could show some interest. Certainly Sean Spencer (DL Florida), Ron Crook (OL Cincy), or Warren Ruggiero (OC Wake Forrest) have some names they could come up with that might be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by PSAC Statman View Post
                        I can't believe my log in still works!!!! It has been quite sometime:) What Clarion has done here is criminal. Criminal as to what they did to CW and criminal as to what they are letting their new coach walk in to.
                        1. Yes, you have to post the job. Rules are rules......but any AD has a short list of people they would hire if they made a move. Hopefully you aren't tying your football future to an ad on the university website.
                        2. Clarion has enough people with ties from the successful Luke days that I hope they are contacting. Now before I go any farther, none of the people I will mention would ever come back to this job. But I bet they know some really good up and comers that could show some interest. Certainly Sean Spencer (DL Florida), Ron Crook (OL Cincy), or Warren Ruggiero (OC Wake Forrest) have some names they could come up with that might be interested.
                        Would love you to elaborate on the criminal comments. Care to add a little color to that statement?

Comment

Originally posted by PSAC Statman View Post
                          I think highly of Chris Weibel. I remember him as a player. I think he was fighting with a dagger in a sword fight. I think the press release's lack of info came across as disrespectful. However...something happened this year. Players quit left and right. The last time I watched him coach there was a lot of what seemed to be conflict between players and coaches. Some of that could be all the losing, but there was a lot of yelling at players in ways that didn't exactly sound constructive. But this is also the risk you take with someone who's so close to home. But I don't know how great the relationship was between Weibel the HC and Clarion as his employer. There were a few times when he applied elsewhere. You don't do that if you love where you work.

Comment

Originally posted by CUlater View Post

Would love you to elaborate on the criminal comments. Care to add a little color to that statement?
                            Sure thing. Maybe criminal wasn't the right word because nobody is going to jail. But I use criminal as wrong, so that is where that came from. The way they waited until December 23rd was flat out wrong. Did he lose more games from the end of the season until December 23rd? As Fightingscot 82 said, it seemed like discontent was on the sidelines all year long, so was there more discontent from the end of the season until December 23rd? That's what I mean by wrong on that side of things.

as far as the new staff.....you are making the new coach probably miss a cycle of recruiting by the timing of this thing. And when you miss a cycle you set your program back years, not just a year.

From what I hear there was discontent with the program for quite sometime. Add that to a 0 win season and you have what you need to fire the coach as soon as the last game ends. At that time you post the job because of the stupid rules saying you have to....although again, an AD should have a book of people they would call right away to make a move.....have a coach in place by January 1 and let them get a staff to lead up to the February Signing date. It is really not that hard.

Fightingscot82: as far as the comment that you don't apply if you love where you work.....you are correct if it is an end game job at an end game school. Clarion is not that. Clarion is a stepping stone that pays low, has low staff pay, average at best facilities, and has won an average of probably 2 games per year. All you can hope for is when you make a hire the person you hire builds a sustainable program before they move on. Leave it better than what they found it.

Comment

Weibel was being paid $87,450. That's the second-lowest of the PASSHE schools but I'd argue competitive pay for a D2 football coach. Are there higher-paid? Yes. But there's also a lot lower. Shepherd's Ernie McCook was paid a little less in 2020. Paying Weibel an additional $25,000 to get him to PASSHE average ($112,691) isn't going to do as much for the on-field performance than $25,000 in scholarship dollars would.

Comment

Will Clarion even have a Football team in 3 years? No one can answer that with any degree of certainty right now.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X