• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Our guy is staying home.
    I'm glad to see this.

I was concerned of a trickle-down effect if he transferred such as:
    - strong QBs (HS recruit capable of starting as a true freshman, quality transfer options) were already deciding elsewhere without considering Shepherd due to Bagent's presence, and wouldn't be available to recruit if Tyson ultimately moved elsewhere
    - strong WRs who would love to be a target of Bagent who may not be as concerned about Shepherd and look elsewhere had he left
    - would current players like WR Ryan Beach try to follow Bagent

The near losses to NDC and Kutztown as well as the blowout loss to Ferris State shows that even with Bagent, there is room for improvement. Time to get back at working toward McKinney, TX - 2022.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Our guy is staying home.
      Good for you, not so much for VULCANS FB fans. Now a must win @KUTZ !!

Comment

• I was kind of looking forward to watching Badget at Hines Field. But wait, that could still happen in Black and Gold which is even better, just have to wait another year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShepAlum View Post

I'm glad to see this.

I was concerned of a trickle-down effect if he transferred such as:
          - strong QBs (HS recruit capable of starting as a true freshman, quality transfer options) were already deciding elsewhere without considering Shepherd due to Bagent's presence, and wouldn't be available to recruit if Tyson ultimately moved elsewhere
          - strong WRs who would love to be a target of Bagent who may not be as concerned about Shepherd and look elsewhere had he left
          - would current players like WR Ryan Beach try to follow Bagent

The near losses to NDC and Kutztown as well as the blowout loss to Ferris State shows that even with Bagent, there is room for improvement. Time to get back at working toward McKinney, TX - 2022.
          i agree

Heard Bagent wanted FBS or bust. He wasn't going to get it. They're the favorites to win the region. SRU will be right there. Wild card teams that appear to be on the rise are CALU and Frostburg. Not sure what to expect from NDC and IUP. But I think your region 1 winner is out of those 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockNation View Post

i agree

Heard Bagent wanted FBS or bust. He wasn't going to get it. They're the favorites to win the region. SRU will be right there. Wild card teams that appear to be on the rise are CALU and Frostburg. Not sure what to expect from NDC and IUP. But I think your region 1 winner is out of those 6.
            Is that to imply he spent a couple days at WVU and then they never offered him?

Comment

• He doesn't really say.
              SHEPHERDSTOWN � Shepherd quarterback Tyson Bagent isn�t going anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Is that to imply he spent a couple days at WVU and then they never offered him?
                you would have to ask him or the Shep guys.

Through the grapevine mess that is the rumor mill, met with WVU, anticipated an offer.

Didnt want to go to top FCS programs.

Comment

Through the grapevine mess that is the rumor mill, met with WVU, anticipated an offer.

I think he may have been anticipating an offer and a 'guarantee' to be #1 on the depth chart. Wouldn't be surprised if he was offered but told he needed to battle it out to be the starting QB and that might have weighed on his mind - what 'if' I don't win the battle and I'm stuck at #2/#3.

His chance of being invited to the Senior Bowl and the combine in my opinion have gone way up by staying at Shepherd (obviously, he needs to perform again). I think if he had a so-so year at a FBS school, he would have been totally overlooked. With another stellar year, by being invited to one or both, this will be his way of getting up and close with the NFL scouts/personnel and they can do their evaluation/due diligence.

Comment

Comment

i agree

Heard Bagent wanted FBS or bust. He wasn't going to get it. They're the favorites to win the region.
                      I'd say SHEP is among the favorites to win the SR1, but please remember the games versus NDC and KUTZ were Ls before two miracle plays turned them into Ws. Depending on their OOC opponent at least 3 of their first 5 are competitive games especially @KUTZ and @SHIP. With FROST in the picture plus whoever is playing over their head in the NE10, all manner of roadblocks are in the way of a repeat trip to the Final 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

I'd say SHEP is among the favorites to win the SR1, but please remember the games versus NDC and KUTZ were Ls before two miracle plays turned them into Ws. Depending on their OOC opponent at least 3 of their first 5 are competitive games especially @KUTZ and @SHIP. With FROST in the picture plus whoever is playing over their head in the NE10, all manner of roadblocks are in the way of a repeat trip to the Final 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

I can easily envision years where the top six teams in the PSAC are competing for only 1-2 seats at the table.

NE10 - 1 team
                          GMAC - 1-2 teams (Findlay, OH Dominican, Tiffin)
                          MEC - 1-2 teams (NDC, Frostburg State)

Depending on how a season goes and records play out, that's potentially up to five non-PSAC teams taking up playoff spots. It's crazy just how much significance Week 1 In-Region, OOC games have.

Comment

• No takers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShepAlum View Post

I can easily envision years where the top six teams in the PSAC are competing for only 1-2 seats at the table.

NE10 - 1 team
                              GMAC - 1-2 teams (Findlay, OH Dominican, Tiffin)
                              MEC - 1-2 teams (NDC, Frostburg State)

Depending on how a season goes and records play out, that's potentially up to five non-PSAC teams taking up playoff spots. It's crazy just how much significance Week 1 In-Region, OOC games have.
                              Scheduling that OOC game is a really fine art. Too weak and your SOS is dragged down, too strong and you start your season with 1 loss of a possible 2 that is really the max you can have to be in RR contention. Schedule too EARLY and you may miss the ideal opponent, schedule too LATE and you may miss the ideal opponent. Is a singleton better than a Home/Home ? In the last 10 years 2.7 PSAC teams finish with 0-2 loses which leaves very little margin for error.

Comment

• Originally posted by nova2wv View Post

I think he may have been anticipating an offer and a 'guarantee' to be #1 on the depth chart. Wouldn't be surprised if he was offered but told he needed to battle it out to be the starting QB and that might have weighed on his mind - what 'if' I don't win the battle and I'm stuck at #2/#3.

His chance of being invited to the Senior Bowl and the combine in my opinion have gone way up by staying at Shepherd (obviously, he needs to perform again). I think if he had a so-so year at a FBS school, he would have been totally overlooked. With another stellar year, by being invited to one or both, this will be his way of getting up and close with the NFL scouts/personnel and they can do their evaluation/due diligence.
                                Damn!!! Mentioned the Senior Bowl but really didn't think it would happen. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X