Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
    Correct. Lazy reporting. Most foosballers have 6 yearsd due to freshman redshirt. Bagent did not redshirt his freshman year.
    It's not entirely wrong, he has two years left to play one season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
      Here's an interesting article that makes it seem more like Bagent may be staying. Although, the fact that Koz doesn't know the the first name of Bama's coach is a bit concerning.

https://www.journal-news.net/journal...ebcd98782.html
      Lou Sab .... gives great credibility lol

Comment

Well, he mentioned Alabama in the second article. Not good odds of 'Lou' coming calling.

WVU seems the logical fit. But, as stated, lot of schools out there.

He just has to get the fit that he's a Day 1 starter. Leaving Shep to lose out in August and carry a clipboard his senior year would be awful.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I don't see how he could have 2 years of eligibility left. He played full seasons in 2018, 2019, and 2021. That's 3 and you only get 4.
          Didn't they add an extra year of eligibility for all football players due to the 2020 Pandemic Season? Or am I misinterpreting that?
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Didn't they add an extra year of eligibility for all football players due to the 2020 Pandemic Season? Or am I misinterpreting that?
            I think they treated 2020 like it didn't exist in terms of eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

I think they treated 2020 like it didn't exist in terms of eligibility.
              I figured that was the case about extended eligibility, but I wasn't sure how it was phrased. In any event, that would still potentially give Bagent one more season of eligibility as has been discussed upthread.
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I figured that was the case about extended eligibility, but I wasn't sure how it was phrased. In any event, that would still potentially give Bagent one more season of eligibility as has been discussed upthread.
                I think it was for those teams who did play in 2020 ... those players weren't charged any eligibility. Those who didn't play weren't given a bonus year, per se.

I don't see any way he could have two years left. He'd be obviously way more attractive to a P5 if that was the case.

Just a hunch I think his phone is likely pretty busy.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I think it was for those teams who did play in 2020 ... those players weren't charged any eligibility. Those who didn't play weren't given a bonus year, per se.

I don't see any way he could have two years left. He'd be obviously way more attractive to a P5 if that was the case.

Just a hunch I think his phone is likely pretty busy.
                  Basically, nobody is charged with a year of eligibility during 2019-20, regardless of whether you competed or not (which is sport/school dependent).

Comment

Originally posted by Pine Ridge View Post

When this rumor first surfaced, I thought you put his name in the portal.

Comment

Heard from my source Bagent got an offer. MAC school maybe?

any truth?

Comment

Originally posted by RockNation View Post
                        Heard from my source Bagent got an offer. MAC school maybe?

any truth?
                        According to what has been published and quoted from Bagent... He isn't leaving for a MAC school. Although he did say specifically Bama/LSU (no shot), I think if WVU comes with a scholarship he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

According to what has been published and quoted from Bagent... He isn't leaving for a MAC school. Although he did say specifically Bama/LSU (no shot), I think if WVU comes with a scholarship he's gone.
                          Who is currently in Morgantown or expected in the fall who would be competition ?

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Who is currently in Morgantown or expected in the fall who would be competition ?
                            Nicco Marchiol is a 4 star QB and has committed to WVU.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Nicco Marchiol is a 4 star QB and has committed to WVU.
                              Yep, he'd potentially be competing with a highly regarded HS recruit. It would make sense to not try to rush him in to the starting spot and have Bagent for a grooming year, but reading the message boards for WVU good lord they are a pessimistic group lol. The gist I've read is Bagent can walk on but they'd rather die than bring a D2 qb in to their program.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Yep, he'd potentially be competing with a highly regarded HS recruit. It would make sense to not try to rush him in to the starting spot and have Bagent for a grooming year, but reading the message boards for WVU good lord they are a pessimistic group lol. The gist I've read is Bagent can walk on but they'd rather die than bring a D2 qb in to their program.
                                That's certainly going to be the fan perspective stereotype. The D1 football world views D2 as glorified high school ball.

We know many of our stars could certainly play up a level (or two). But, the outside world perception is what it is.

Very few high school QBs are ready to step in and play immediately. Bagent seems ideal in their situation.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X